Chapter 13

“Are you crazy? You’re going to do what?”

“We’re going to get Liam a puppy.” Milo shrugs like it’s no big deal. “It won’t be that bad, I can train a dog.”

Firstly, you can’t even train yourself not to piss all over the toilet seat.

Secondly, does he honestly think it'll be that easy? Their baby is going to be born in a few months, and now they want to add a puppy into the mix? They are the dumbest of the rainbows.

“It's your funeral.” I mean, Liam is going to be over the moon, but I don’t think Josh’s obsessively cleaning ass is going to handle this well.

Should be fun.

“Well I could always do what you have; move a six-foot-five wrestler I can’t make eye contact with into my apartment. Do you think I can get Kage to catch a Frisbee too?” I growl at him, picking up one of the leftover brownies and shoving it into his big fat mouth.

“I haven’t moved him in! He’s living with Liz and Coach!” Although you’d never know it, he’s pretty much here from the moment I wake up to the minute I go to sleep... even if we've hardly talked.

It’s not that we’re actively avoiding each other, I just know he needs space to get to know Teal, and I need some to come to terms with the fact I can’t cry into his huge chest whenever I want... or lick his abs.

Damn, the abs...

Stupid distracting abs! I was slicing up a lasagna earlier and I gave it a fucking V-line! Brie told Kage something about the importance of skin-to-skin contact, so now my day mostly consists of watching him be perfect with my son, without his fucking shirt on! Kill. Me. Now.

She only told him so she can send video’s of him to Charlie. Pretty sure that fire-headed pervert is only cutting their vacation short just so he can get home and see him in person.

I’m handling it, I swear, definitely not thinking about opening the cafe during the nights now so I’m not just laying awake in my bed staring at the ceiling. The water stain is starting to look like his face.

“May... I think that’s enough.” I didn’t even realise I was still slicing, now looking at more pre-prepared veg for tomorrow than the entire town of Westbrooke is going to be able to eat. “You sure you’re doing okay?”

“Five by five.”

“She's lying!” Shut it, you!

I shove my tongue out at Heather, but she’s too busy trying to sit on Chase to keep him down, whilst Liam restrains Cara, to notice. At least when Luna is here those two are on the same team, the moment she leaves, it’s a Thompson free-for-all.

“I’m fine, is it what I thought it would be? No, obviously. It makes sense though, it’s not about us, it’s about him and Teal.” As if sensing we’re talking about him, the door to the cafe opens, Josh and Kage walking in in a fit of giggles, Josh carrying Teal and Kage pushing an empty stroller.

Time to divert the attention from me. “They'd make a cute couple.”

Milo’s head spins around like something from The fucking Exorcist, too easy. Kage committing the ultimate cardinal sin when he rests his elbow on Josh's shoulder.

Oh no, possessive Thompson in the house.

“Needs to learn to keep his hands to himself.” They’ve actually been getting on like a house on fire, but Kage is tactile by nature, and may need to learn the hard way that there’s limits with Josh. Milo will gouge his eyes right out.