Chapter 7

KAGE’S P.O.V

Westbrooke.

I can’t believe this is where she’s been all along. I’ve searched the entire world, every city I’ve been to, and she was just three hours from my mum's house!

The welcome sign feels like it’s smiling at me as I speed past it. It knows I’m supposed to be here too.

I actually came here once when I was younger for a basketball tournament with my school, we got knocked out in the first round. I was gutted, they said THE Jayce Thompson was going to be at the finals to present the trophy. I never even got to see him.

She’d better be here. I don’t think I'll survive it if it’s just another dead end.

There’s been a lot of them, not helped by the fact I feel like every time I turn a corner I swear I see her reflection, haunting me. She exists within me, calling out to me through that bond, but I just can’t hear what she’s saying.

Hope ran, she actually ran from me. When I saw her sitting there in the crowd, I thought it was another mirage. Ever since the company said we’d be doing a few shows in London, she was all I could think about. I knew she’d be in the city somewhere, but that place is huge, and all I had was her first name, there was no way I could find her.

Then, there she was.

My heart tried to rip its way out right there, to beg her to tell it where it’s other half is.

I’ve spent the last two years looking for Belle, ever since I woke up in that hospital. Through every bit of rehab, every day of hiding, every sleepless night in my bed... and all along she was a car ride away.

Some girl smiles at me as I pull into the edge of the town, so of course I wink back, seeing her turn redder than Hope’s friend did back in London when I turned the charm on for information.

Thank fuck that girl was so chatty. I ran through three different tube stations trying to catch up with Hope when she disappeared, but I couldn’t reach her before she was gone. I wasn’t letting it go that easily, not after everything.

I raced all the way back to the show, and just as I got there, the girl sitting next to Hope was coming out.

Destiny.

I figured out pretty quick after I woke up in Italy that I actually know fuck all about Belle; I don’t know her last name, I didn’t know where she was from, all I knew was how I felt about her. That was enough for me at the time, I only needed to feel her in my soul, but it didn’t help me get to her.

I had no way to find her at all, until Hope dropped that bomb:

Home.

She said she’d tell Belle I was alive, when she flew back home. All I needed to do, was find out where home was.

Okay, I’m definitely giving off crazy stalker vibes right now, but you don't spend two years looking for a girl just to let your only clue fly away on a wish and prayer that they’ll come back.

So I flirted my ass off with the posh French chick, who pretty much told me everything down to Hope’s Social Security number. Although why Hope would be friends with someone like that is beyond me, she definitely didn’t give me the ‘ride or die’ energy that Hope always gave Belle.

What the fuck happened between them? That Shaniqua girl said she knew that Hope had a best friend once, but she didn't even know her name. I never thought they could be like this.

Wow, this town is much nicer than the one I grew up in.

The streets are clean, the buildings are almost perfect. This isn’t where I thought she’d grow up at all... maybe she just moved here?