Chapter 108

“Don't!” The thing with his arm around Hope’s throat punches her in the sternum.

She winces, falling to her knees, wrapping her arms around her stomach.

Not her baby. Please.

“I am not a patient man, Stallion, as you quite remember. You will allow us to leave, or you will see one of these whore’s drained of their blood before your eyes.” Ivana wraps both her arms around me to keep me on my feet, tears running down my cheeks.

Of course it’s them. I’m sure everyone wanted to come, but when they hit the border and couldn’t get further Brie would’ve taken things into her own hands. She’s the original Southside girl, she knows this place better than anyone, and Steve wouldn’t have let her come in here alone.

She would’ve made my brother’s stay to protect the kids, forced Kage to guard Teal, but Hope wouldn’t have listened, and Craig wouldn’t let her come here without him either. It had to be the four of them.

“Let them go. I am here, I am yours for the taking!” Elba shakes with fury. She’s not used to being outnumbered like this, but they’re not on their home turf, and Jordano didn’t come here with an army. He just came looking for his sister. “I am your hostage, kill me and be done with it!”

“I will do no such thing until he hands you over! I want him to know your death is on his hands!”

“I can kill him.” Jordano’s wife whispers, resting her hand on his gun. “I will not miss.”

“Not without him killing her sisters in the process.” He’s right. Brie and Hope won’t make it out of this alive if they start raining bullets.

“You have five seconds, Stallion, then I shall have your cagna pick which one of her sisters she wishes to see die first.”

“Luca!”

“Five.” Brie is being held down by three men, and she's still trying to fucking bite them.

“I’m going to tear every single one of your dicks off!”

“Four.” I remember seeing Hope in the basement, terrified, screaming and crying, begging for it to stop. She’s nothing like that now, that girl is rock solid, not a tear in her eye, on her knees but refusing to let it break her.

That’s my girl.

“Kill me!” Elba screams but he doesn't listen.

“Three.” Something in one of the shops behind the group catches my eye, like someone is waving a mirror into the setting sun.

I can’t make out who it is, they’re too far away, but they're trying to tell me something.

“Two.” A loud whirling fills the air, probably a hospital helicopter landing somewhere nearby. Fuck knows we need it.

Hope looks me in the eye, letting go of her stomach, and moving her hands in front of her body.

‘He’s coming, Thelma.’

‘Who’s coming?’

‘Just stall.’

“One.” I look into all the shops, everyone’s ready. Whoever he is, he just needs me to hold off the monster until he gets here.

“I want to pick!” Jordano turns to look at me, but I shake my head at him. I know what I’m doing. “They’re my sisters! If you’re going to kill one, it’s going to be my fucking choice!”

Luca grins at Brie on the floor, then at Hope on her knees, before slowly clapping his hands and waving me forward.

“Now here is a woman that knows how to play the game! It is a shame you could not keep her, Stallion. She would have made a much better fit at your side than the current mongrel you hold.” Oh, I’ve got a feeling that’s gonna cost you later.