Chapter 48

The tour was amazing. The crowds were feral. Nothing much happened besides show after show and some breaks from time to time. Ana finally recognized that her and Alex are together, but not quite together. I don't know, I didn't understand.

"Ok yes, we are together, but not quite together." Ana said after Maria and Edy spent 10 minutes trying to make her talk.
"What the fuck does that mean?" Edy asked annoyed.
"I mean, he didn't ask me or anything, but we do what a couple would do. I DON'T KNOW OK?" She said looking anywhere but at the people in front of her.
"You're unbelievable." Maria sighed.

I walked in on Maria and Jason, an experience that completely traumatized me.
I entered the tour buss and the first thing I see is Jason hovering over Maria. I slapped my palm over my eyes and turned around.
"What the fuck are you doing?" I yelled and Maria gasped.
"Well that's embarrassing." Jason sighed.
So basically it's not my fault! They were in a public space and could've at least been more cautious.

We had and interview today right before going on stage at Glastonbury with one of the people I've been pinning to talk to. I've watched every interview of hers I could find and they were all amazing so to say that I was excited wasn't really fitting.

"I'm so excited to talk to you guys and see your debut at this festival. You're playing two nights, right?" Jo asked.
"Exactly, very exciting." I said smiling.
"I heard you have been invited before but declined it, why?" She asked.
"Well we were invited in 2009, I believe." Ana said and looked at us for approval.
"We just finished our first album and we were just babies back then. I think we didn't feel prepared enough for such a big thing. But now I kinda regret declining it." She continued and we all chuckled.
"You've been touring the world for the past five months, where are you going next?"
"We are doing some festivals around Europe, Japan and I think Australia is the last country." Maria responded.
"We're actually headlining Leeds festival and playing at the Albert Hall." Edy added and Maria nodded.
"Forgot about that." She chuckled.
"So you're on the road for more than a year. Are you already sick of each other?" Jo chuckled.
"Basically. Can't wait to get rid of these three." I said annoyingly and they pretended to be offended.

"It was nice to meet you guys, who knows maybe you will be headlining next year." Jo suggested and we laughed.
"Fingers crossed." Ana crossed her fingers and got up from the couch.

We were playing around in the wings of the stage watching the other bands perform. I could already feel the knot in my stomach form as I watched all of the amazing performances take place in front if me.
"Nervous?" Ana asked standing next to me.
"Maybe. You have smudged lipstick all over you face." I pointed out and she took her phone and wiped it away.
"So are we singing Maya's love ballad?" She asked wiggling her eyebrows.
"About that, I was acting thinking to perform it at the Albert Hall so that we could be closer to the end of the tour." I suggested and she sighed.
"What, your scared of rejection?" She chuckled and I sighed.
"No." I answered.
"Then what is it? It has to be something don't tell me it's nothing." She said and took a sip of her beer.
"I'm scared she's thinking that I'm playing around with her." I said and she stared at me.

"Why would you think that? You know Maya understood the situation, she won't believe that." She asked in disbelief.
"I know. I don't know what I'm saying, ignore it." I said and she shook her head.
"No I won't ignore it. Come on talk to me." She pushed me on.
"I'm afraid she think that I'm only using her, now that Myra's gone I don't want her to think that she is a substitute."
"If we're talking about a substitute then that was Myra. And Maya knows, you've talked to her I don't see why she won't understand." She said and I nodded.
"You're right, I'm just skeptical."
"Stop overthinking, you're tiring your little brain." She pocked my head and laughed.

"Hey, can I steal her for a minute?" Alex said looking at me.
"You don't need to ask him, of course you can." She said and took his hand in hers.
"Think again about the song." She turned her head and I nodded.
"What song?" Maya asked coming out from the bathroom.
"Just some shit that I wrote." Ana responded and she nodded.
"Oh ok, come on you have to get dressed."

"You know I've always dreamed of going to Japan." Maya said as we got into the flight to Tokyo.
"I can't wait to get back and eat some sushi." I said and she chuckled.
"Sad we can't stay for longer." She pouted and looked out the window.
"We can come here anytime after tour." I suggested and she looked at me smiling.
"We?" She asked grinning.
"Yes, we." I said and took her palm in mine.

London. I missed this city. The traffic, the houses, the tea shop in every corner. It felt like home. Singing at Albert Hall was my dream since I was a kid and now it's finally happening. The only problem is that today I have to basically 'confess' my love for Maya and I can't postpone it anymore cause the band are going to kill me.

We were making the sound check. People were running from place to place, setting things up and yelling from a corner to another.
"Where's Maya?" I asked no one in particular.
"She still at the hotel." Maria answered not bothering to look up from her phone.
"Can we play Baby came home again?" I asked taking my place at the microphone. They nodded and started playing the melody.

"Guys you're on in three. Come to the wings" a roadie announced. With a beer in hand I grabbed my suit jacket and walked off towards the stage.

The crowd was cheering. Everybody screaming, shouting our names. The lights were blinding me making me struggle to see the crowd clear and after we played most of the set and making sure Maya was watching I took a deep breath in.
"Since this is one of the biggest events of our lives we thought of making you a surprise as a thank you for getting us where we are." I said and stopped for the crowd to settle down. "This is a unreleased track and it's called Baby Came Home. Hope you like it Maya." I said and started playing straight away.

Everything was moving past me. The flashes of people's phones were making me feel lightheaded like it's my first gig. I looked down at the front rows and saw her, standing there smiling at me. I watched my best friends playing in the back leaving the spotlight on me.

I ran off stage as soon as I finished the last chord. She was there, waiting for me with open arms as she has always been. And I ran straight into her embrace, smelling her coconut scented perfume.

"Did you like it?" I asked and she nodded.
"Can I kiss you now?" I asked and she once again nodded.

                         The end