//Chapter 7: Handy Me, Boys//

Captain Caviar was searching up and down the republic. When he went to the seashell spire to talk to Oyster cookie, the people there said she hadn't been seen since last night. Eventually, he reached the docks, where the dock workers were discussing something. He asked "Hey, has anything suspicious happened recently? Oyster Cookie appears to have gone missing." One of the dock workers tells him "What luck. One of the Oyster Sloops that was docked here yesterday is gone today with no trace. Somebody must've stolen it last night." "Somebody's stolen an oyster sloop the same night oyster cookie goes by herself for a meeting? It's too much of a coincidence. I'll set sail soon." Said the captain, very angrily.

He marched all over the republic, having put two and two together, gathering his crew. They were gonna sail to duskgloom sea once more, this time on a rescue mission. He kicked himself mentally for not seeing it until now. There was no way you could survive in that cave, much else on that piece of ship hull. You had to be working with the Duskgloom's Sovereign for some nefarious purpose.

(Meanwhile, at around the same time)

You had finished sailing through a shortcut that only a sloop could make it through when Oyster awoke from her chloroform induced 14 hour nap. She quickly realized what the situation she was in and immediately asked "What is the meaning of this? Why would you take me of all cookies?" You turned around and Oyster was speechless. By now, it was safe to put your necklace back on in all its black glossy glory. "She offered me a better deal than you ever could." you explained. Oyster immediately shouted in reply "You could've been a captain for the republic! Helped us keep pirates at bay, and made trade routes safer! You dare to throw that away for your supposed savior?!"

You thought about it for a moment. Indeed, there was much opportunity you were giving up for Black Pearl Cookie. But you reassure yourself that the republic was something that needed to be dealt with. "The republic offers nothing for me. Black Pearl Cookie offered me much in exchange for this simple task. You are but a means to an end for me." You calmly said. Oyster sunk her head down in despair. Clearly, there was no reasoning with you. She remained silent for the rest of the journey.

//

Why can't ye be so handy-o!
Handy, me boys, so handy!

Oh, aloft this yard must go.
Handy, me boys, so handy!

Ooh! Up aloft from down below.
Handy, me boys, so handy!

Growl ye may, but go ye must.
Handy, me boys, so handy!

//