********

Previously

"I see them. I see your friends, as I see you. I can feel them. I can feel them dying."

My eyes snapped open and I watched as Vecna stepped through the door.

"So, who's it going to be? Who wants to be my final victim?"

-

Dakota's POV

From behind me I could hear Max's breathing quicken. "You're not going to have a final victim." I told Vecna with a smirk. "It's three against one asshole."

"Three?" Vecna chuckled lowly. "I only see two of you."

"Turn around." Wanda sneered, appearing from behind him and Vecna let out a strangled cry as she threw him across the room.

As they battled, I grabbed Max's hand and we both started running when our whole setting began changing and Max let out a yell as Vecna grabbed ahold of her and slammed her to the ground.

I turned around ready to fight Vecna but before I could, he grabbed ahold of me with his telepathic abilities and I tried yelling out but the only thing that came out of my mouth was a gurgling sound.

"You're a brave one Dakota." Vecna said, trailing a finger along my jaw. "I really wish you would join me in taking over Hawkins but you've already made your choice." He sighed. "We would've made a great team you and I."
Vecna raised his hand and I felt myself levitate and began to weaken as he began sucking the life out of me.

Where the hell was Wanda?

Suddenly, Vecna disappeared and I found myself back in the real world. Wanda was in front of me, talking but I couldn't hear her. The only thing on my mind was Max, and the fact that she was now alone with Vecna.

"We have to get to Max!" I told Wanda, quickly getting up and running up the stairs to the attic where Lucas was. Wanda followed me and we both let out a gasp as we reached the attic.

Jason was standing over Lucas with a gun in his hand, ready to shoot but before he could I tackled him to the ground and was able to hit him in the head with the gun, knocking him unconscious.

Getting up, I quickly went over to help a bloody Lucas up. "Are you alright?" I asked looking him over and he nodded.

"Just... just out of breath." He panted and I grabbed his forearm, glad he was okay.

"You guys!" Wanda yelled, grabbing our attention. "She's floating!"

I turned around to face Max, who was indeed floating. "Lucas! Her Walkman! Grab her Walkman!"

Lucas shook his head, tears streaming down his face and I shook him. "Lucas! Where is it? Where is her-" I stopped short when he pointed to a broken thing on the ground and it suddenly felt as though all the air in my lungs had disappeared.

The sound of a loud crack filled the room and I looked up at Max to see her arm twisted at a weird angle. Grabbing Lucas, I faced him away from Max as multiple cracks followed and I sobbed with him, not being able to do anything.

Max let out a small sound before her body fell down to the ground and we all ran over to her. Blood was oozing out of her eyes and I gasped upon seeing her eyes all glassed over.

"Lucas!" She cried. "Lucas I-I can't see or feel anything."

Oh my god! She was still alive!

"It's okay Max." Lucas said trying his best to comfort her. "Call an ambulance, Dakota!" He turned to yell at me and I snapped out of my daze.