********

Dakota's POV

"A-And then she attacked." I finished. "She wasn't Wanda anymore."

"Maybe this has something to do with those dreams you had a few weeks back." Steve told me. "What if they were...real?"

"What? How could they be real, I mean, I was here the whole time, I didn't travel back to my universe. Right, Robin?" I turned to the girl in the back seat. "Robin!"

"Sorry, sorry!" She grabbed a small mirror from my bag. "What are we talking about?"

"Robin..." I groaned.

"Sorry!" She said again. "It's just...it's 7:00 in the morning, we have this stupid pep rally, and I woke up looking like a corpse!"

"You're worried about a basketball pep rally? Really?" Steve asked. "You expect us to believe that?"

"Yeah?" She said rummaging through her bag for some makeup and I raised a brow, turning around in my seat.

"C'mon Robin, we all know what this is about."

She sighed. "Please, enlighten me Dakota."

"This is about Vickie!"

"Yeah." Steve agreed. "You gotta stop pretending to be someone else when you're around her, okay? You just gotta be yourself."

Robin narrowed his eyes at him. "You're literally quoting me to me. You do realize that, right?"

"No I'm not!"

"I told you that when you first came to me for advice on how to ask Dakota out."

"Well, maybe you need to listen to yourself! You ever think of that, smarty pants?" Steve asked. "I listened to you, and now look at me. Boom! I have the coolest girlfriend ever!"

"It's not the same thing, okay?" Robin sighed. "What if Dakota rejected you? Big deal, maybe your ego's a little bruised and your crying your heart out for a few weeks but I ask out the wrong girl, and bam! I'm the town pariah."

"Yeah, we'd buy that except that Vickie's not the wrong girl." I told her.

Robin sighed. "We just don't know that, do we?"

"She returned Fast Times paused at 53 minutes and 5 seconds. Do you know who pauses Fast Times at 53 minutes, 5 seconds?!" He asked and Robin shook her head. "People who like boobies!"

"Ew! Gross, don't say boobies!"

"Not a big deal, okay? I like boobies! You like boobies! Vickie likes boobies! Definitely!"

I snorted and burst out laughing as Robin shook her head in the back. "It's boobies." Steve said again.

Robin rolled her eyes and continued doing her makeup, finishing as Hawkins High came into view and quickly got out of the car once we parked. "I'll see you guys later!" She called before leaving and I looked out the window with a sigh.

"You ready?" Steve asked and I nodded.

We got out and walked hand in hand toward the gym, immediately heading for a place at the top of the bleachers close to the band and watched as the cheerleaders put on a show as people filed in.

When they finished, the gym erupted in applause and screaming as someone with a microphone appeared beside a sign with a tigers paw on it.

"Let's hear it for your Tigers!" The man yelled into the microphone and the gym erupted as the Captain of the basketball team ripped through the sign with the rest of his team trailing behind.