********

Dakota's POV

As we made a plan on how to get ahold of classified information, Nancy pulled me aside, away from everybody else.

"I have a theory-" she started. "That whoever did this to Chrissy and Fred wasn't Vecna or your sister."

My brows furrowed in confusion. "What do you mean?"

"In 1959 a man named Victor Creel was arrested for the murder of his family." She said and I gasped.

"Oh my god, how can someone do that?" I questioned.

"That's not the point Dakota." She told me. "Autopsy reports on the family members revealed that every bone in their body had been snapped and their eyes pulled out of their sockets just like what happened to Fred and Chrissy."

"You think he's responsible for this?" I asked and she nodded.

"I already told the police about it but they said it wasn't very likely. I just have to prove that he escaped and is responsible for their murders."

I sighed. "And what if you're wrong?"

"What if I'm right?" She responded and I bit my lip.

"Okay, what's the plan?"

-

As we all went to leave, Nancy and I tried to get away from the group without anyone noticing.

"Whoa, whoa, Koda!" Steve started after me and Nancy. "Where are you guys going?"

"Um , there's just something Nance and I want to check out first." I told him.

"Something you two want to share with the rest of us?" Dustin asked.

"We don't want to waste your guy's time." Nancy told them. "It's a real shot in the dark."

"Yeah, okay, are you guys out of your minds?" Steve asked. "Flying solo with this Vecna creep on the loose? No, it's too dangerous. You need...you need someone to..." he stopped himself and threw his car keys at Robin. "Here. I'll stick with Koda and Nancy. You guys take the car, check out the shrink."

"I don't think you want me driving your car." Robin told him.

"Why?" He asked.

"I don't have a license."

"Why don't you have a license?"

"I'm poor." She responded.

"I can drive." Max shrugged and Steve immediately shook his head.

"No, no! Never again, please. Anybody but you. No." He said sternly, and I chuckled remembering the time when Max drove us to the Pumpkin Patch to help El and Hopper.

Dustin raised a brow. "No chance." Steve told him and he groaned.

"Come on!"

"No."

"Alright, okay. This is stupid." I walked over to Robin and plucked the keys out of her hands. "Us ladies will stay together." I returned the keys to him and took the Walkie Talkie he was holding. "Unless you think we need you to protect us?"

Steve sighed and I smiled, kissing him on the cheek. "See you later."

-