********

(Just in case you forgot what Dakota was wearing 😊)

Dakota's POV                                     [Edited]

"It is fascinating what 20 bucks will get you at the County Recorder's office." Robin laid down a blueprint of the Starcourt Mall on the table.

"Is that-"

"Yup." Robin nodded. "The complete blueprints." She smirked.

"Not bad." Dustin told her.

"So, this is us, Scoops." Robin pointed to a place on the print. "And this is where we want to get." She pointed to another place.

"I don't really see a way in." Steve said looking at the prints curiously.

"There's not." Robin took the top blueprints off. "If you're talking exclusively about doors."

"Air ducts." I grinned.

"Exactly." She smiled at me before grabbing a whiteboard marker. "Turns out, this secret room needs air just like any old room. And these air ducts-" she circled the room we're trying to get into. "-lead all the way...here." She circled Scoops and we all looked toward the small vent in the wall.

"Anyone got a ladder?"

-

Steve took the gate off the vent and handed it to me. "Flashlight?" He asked and I put the gate down before giving him one.

"Thank you." He sang before looking inside. "Yeah, I don't know, man." He said talking to Dustin. "I don't know if it can fit you in here. It's like...super tight."

"I'll fit." Dustin insisted as Steve got down the ladder. "Trust me, no collarbones remember?"

"Uh excuse me?" Robin asked just as confused as I was.

"Oh, he's uh...yeah he's got some disease." Steve told us. "Chryo- uh it's chrydo, um...something. Yeah I don't know." Steve shrugged. "He's missing bones and stuff. He can bend like Gumbo."

"You mean Gumby." Robin corrected.

"I'm pretty sure it's Gumbo." Steve said.

"Steve, just shut up and push me!" Dustin exclaimed, trying to get inside the vent.

"Okay!" Steve sighed going over to help and I laughed as he grabbed Dustin's feet.

"Not my feet dumbass. Push my ass!" Robin snorted and we both tried not to laugh out loud.

"What?" Steve asked.

"Touch my butt! I don't care!" He yelled. "Come on! Harder! Push harder!"

"I'm pushing!" Steve started climbing the ladder. "You're playing with my legs!"

"I'm not playing, I have terrible footing!"

I shook my head with a smile. "C'mon!" Dustin screamed.

"I'm just going to shove you, ready?"

"Just shove me?"

"One, two..." he pushed but nothing happened.

"Shit!"

"That work?"

Ding Ding!

Robin and I turned around to see Erica at the counter again. "Ahoy sailors! Ahoy! All hands on deck! Ahoy!" She rang the bell again. "C'mon. Get over here and serve me some samples!"

Robin and I looked at each other, an evil grin on our faces.

-

Dakota's POV

"Hmm." Erica looked through the vent before climbing down the ladder. "Yeah I don't know."

"You don't know if you can fit?" I asked.

"Oh I can fit." She said. "I just don't know if I want to."

"Are you claustrophobic?" Robin asked and she scoffed.

"I don't have phobias."

"Okay-" Steve spoke up from beside Dustin. "Well, what's the problem?"

"The problem is, I still haven't heard what's in this for Erica."

I narrowed my eyes at the girl. "Listen here you little-"

"Nope." Steve cut me off. "How bout you go outside and get some fresh air."

"I don't need fresh air." I scoffed and he took my arm.

"How 'bout I go with you?" He asked, already pulling me out the back door and I groaned as he shut the door.

"Why'd you'd stop me!"

"Because you were about to go off on a little girl." He chuckled. "And to be honest, I don't think you could handle her."

I sighed. "You're probably right."

Steve smiled at me and pulled me into a hug, resting his head  on mine. "Why don't you tell me why you're really upset?"

"I'm not upset!"

He looked down at me with a raised brow and I sighed. "Can you just hug me?" I muttered and he laughed lowly, doing what I asked.

We stood there for a bit, in comfortable silence before he pulled away a little and looked at me nervously. "Koda can I tell you something?"

"What? Yeah, of course." I smiled and he opened his mouth to say something when the door opened and we looked to our right seeing Dustin and Robin at the doorway. "Can you two stop canoodling and help us out?" 

We both blushed and I pulled away from Steve, hurrying inside. "Where's Erica?" I asked looking around.

"She's at the table over there." Robin pointed over toward the entrance. "Go entertain her for a bit while we get her ice cream ready." She pushed me out of the back before I could protest and I sighed before making my way over to the girl.

"Hey..." I said sitting myself down awkwardly. She barely acknowledged me and I sighed again. "I'm sorry about earlier I'm just a bit...stressed."

She looked at me. "It's okay, I guess." We stared at each other. "I like your hair."

"Thanks, I like yours too." I smiled. "The beads are a nice touch."

-
I did write 3 chapters in a day because I'm bored and now I'm brain dead 😅