********

Dakota's POV

Will grabbed the last bundle of fireworks and put one in his mouth, not being able to carry all of them. "Let's go." He attempted to say.

I dropped the ones I had in my hands in the trunk and hit the base of skull. "What the hell is wrong with you!?" It fell out of his mouth and I caught it. "Don't put fireworks in your mouth, it's dangerous. Are you trying to get killed?"

Will smiled at me sheepishly and I shook my head grabbing my bundle of fireworks and we ran inside the mall. Upon entering, we saw Eleven laid down on the ground below us with Billy hovering over her before he moved off to the side as the Mind Flayer took a few steps forward.

I grabbed one of the fireworks and lit it up with a snap of my fingers as the creature opened its mouth and threw at its side making it screech.

"Flay this you ugly piece of shit!" Lucas yelled throwing one of his and the others followed.

I shielded my eyes as the fireworks burst and lit the Mind Flayer in different colors before throwing another one and hitting it right on the head.

"Hey asshole, over here!" Steve threw one at him and I giggled as it didn't make it far, only hitting the creatures leg before exploding.

We kept throwing the fireworks at the Mind Flayer distracting it as El tried to get away from it and Billy. "We're almost out!" Will yelled.

"I know!" Lucas screamed back and I scrambled for the radio Robin had dropped on the ground.

"Dustin! We're out of time!" I yelled hoping he could hear me before getting back to work.

Moments later, Lucas threw our last firework and we all looked at the Mind Flayer in disbelief seeing it still standing on all four legs.

It wasn't even hurt!

My gaze drifted over to El who was on the ground with Billy standing in front of her and I watched in horror as the Mind Flayer went to attack only to be stopped by one of its own.

Billy

He yelled out in anger, struggling to hold the Flayer's arm in place before two more came and stabbed him in the side and Billy's arms fell to his side limply. The Mind Flayer finally took his life with one last strike to the chest and we all gasped in horror.

"BILLY!" Max's ear piercing scream reached my ears and I turned to see her running to help her brother.

Without thinking, I teleported down and grabbed her before she could get any closer and endanger herself. "NO! LET ME GO!" She kicked and squirmed in my arms. "PLEASE! I NEED TO HELP HIM!"

I blinked back tears and looked back to see Billy's dead body on the ground just as the Mind Flayer started thrashing around as if something was hurting it before falling onto the ground limply and I let Max go. She quickly ran towards him and let out a chocked sob.

I watched heart broken as Max leaned down and tried to revive her brother bringing old memories back from the time Pietro had been killed.

Before we knew it, the mall was flooded with soldiers and paramedics and we were rushed out to be looked over for injuries.

I ignored the paramedics trying to check me out and looked around for Max before spotting her on a stretcher with her head down and I walked over.

"Hey..." I said and she looked up at me. "Are you okay?"

Tears brimmed her eyes and she let out a sob making my heart ache for her as I pulled her in for a hug and rubbed her back soothingly until her mom and step-dad came to pick her up.

I watched as they were informed about Billy's death before turning away and looking over at the mall that was engulfed in black smoke.

-

Short chapter I know, it was a little rushed but I promise the next one will be better.