********

Dakota's POV

"The Mind Flayer, it built this monster in Hawkins. To stop El, to kill her and pave a way into our world." Mike told us.

"And it almost did. That was just one tiny piece of it." Nancy added referring to the animal El had in her leg.

"How big is this thing?" Hopper asked.

"It's big. Thirty feet, at least." Jonathan told him.

"Yeah, and it sorta destroyed your cabin." Lucas told the man. "Sorry."

"Okay, so, just to be clear this...this big fleshy spider thing that hurt El, it's some kind of gigantic weapon?" I asked a little confused and Nancy nodded.

"Yes."

"But instead of, like, screws and metal, the Mind Flayer made its weapon...with melted people?"

"Exactly."

"Yeah...okay. I'm just m-making sure."

" Are we sure this thing is still out there, still alive?" Joyce Byers spoke up.

"El beat the shit out of it, but, yeah, it's still alive." Max said and I put my arm around her.

"But if we close the gate again-" Will looked up at us.

"We cut the brains off from the body." Max finished.

"And kill it." Lucas added. "Theoretically."

"Yoo-hoo!" A man screamed from behind us and we all turned to see him walking toward us, waving the papers in his hand all over the place. "Yoo-hoo!"

We watched as he slammed some blueprints on one of the tables lying around. "So this is what Alexei called the Hub. Now, the hub takes us to the vault room."

"Okay, so where's the gate?" Hopper asked him.

"Right here." He pointed to a place in the paper. "Now, I don't know the scale on this but I think it's fairly close to the vault room, maybe  50 ft or so."

"More like 500." Erica said and we all looked at her. "What, you're just going to waltz in there like it's commie Disneyland or something?"

"I'm sorry-" Murray looked at Erica. "Who are you?

"Erica Sinclair. Who are you?"

"Murray...Bauman." He said a little stunned that a little kid would talk to him like that.

"Listen, Mr Bunman, I'm not trying to tell you how to do things, but I've been down in that shit hole for 24 hours. And with all due respect, you do what this man tells you-" she looked at Hopper and Joyce. "You're all going to die."

"I'm sorry, why is this four year old speaking  to me?" Murray asked.

"Um, I'm 10, you bald bastard!"

"Erica!" Lucas exclaimed.

"Just the facts!" She said.

"She's right." I nodded. "You're all going to die, but you don't have to."

Dustin nodded and stepped forward. "Excuse me. May I?" He asked Murray nodding over to the blueprints.

"Please." He said, obviously a little annoyed at us.

"Okay-" Dustin sat down. "See this room here? This is a storage facility." He circled it. "There's a hatch in here that feeds into their underground ventilation system. That will lead you to the base of the weapon. It's a bit of a maze down there, but between me and Erica, we can show you the way."

"You can show us the way?" Hopper asked.

"Don't worry, you can do all the the fighting and the dangerous hero shit, maybe Dakota could join you, and we'll just be your-" he looked at Erica. "-navigators."

"No." Hopper said before shaking his head. "Nope."

I gave Dustin a pat on the back for trying and walked over to Steve and Robin who were at the Cookie counter.

Steve smiled at me and I smiled back going to him and he wrapped his arms around me, resting his head on top of mine.

"You guys are making me feel so single right now." Robin said and I snorted.

We watched as Hopper approached Dustin and Erica and they exchanged a few words before they turned to us and Dustin waved us over.

"C'mon! We're leaving!"

The three of us shrugged and went to go but I stopped and looked back at the other kids. Max looked a bit worried, probably because her brother was being used by the Mind Flayer, and I stopped in my tracks.

"You know what, I'm going to stay." I said and Steve turned to me.

"What? Why?" He asked.

"Max needs someone right now." I turned to see El hugging Hopper. "And so does El. Now, I trust Jonathan and Nancy to keep them safe but..."

Steve nodded in understanding. "All right." He kissed my cheek. "Be safe. And don't do anything stupid!"

-

Short chapter, I know and sorry this one sucks but I needed to give you guys an update today.

Also, I might not be able to update tomorrow but we'll see