********

Dakota's POV

Steve yelped as a tree branch almost smacked him in the face. "How long are we going to be out here for?" He whined but no one answered him.

He groaned and I sighed. "Steve's right, it's dark now. Let's go back to the Wheeler's and-"

"Something's happening!" Dustin suddenly exclaimed and we all groaned in unison.

"Dustin!"

"Dustin, can you slow down? Dustin?"

"I think we're getting-"

Eddie grabbed the back of his hood just as he was about to fall into the lake. "Watch your step big guy." He told him.

"Oh man." Steve whined. "You got to be shitting me."

"Yeah, I thought these woods were familiar." Eddie murmured as we all stared at the open body of water.  "Lovers lake."

"This is confounding." Dustin whispered.

"Wait-" Max spoke up. "There's a gate in Lover's Lake?"

"Whenever the Demogorgan attacked, it always left an opening." Nancy told her. "Maybe Vecna's the same way."

"Only one way to find out."

-

"Easy dude! I said easy!" Steve scolded Eddie as he pushed the boat onto the water.

"Sorry." He said and Steve shook his head, looking back to Robin, Nancy, and I.

"Ladies first." He said and Robin sighed stepping onto the boat carefully. Eddie followed her lead and quickly helped Nancy and me in.

"Thank you." I smiled.

Dustin then went to get on the boat after us but Eddie pushed him back. "What are you doing? You trying to sink us? This thing holds four people tops, okay?"

Before Dustin could protest, I spoke up. "It's better this way, okay? You guys stay here with Max. Keep an eye out for trouble."

"You keep an eye out!"

I raised a brow at him. "It's my goddamn theory!" He explained.

"You heard Dakota." Nancy told him. "Stay here."

"Who put her in charge?" He asked.

"I did."

Dustin made a face. "Compass?" I held my hand out and he groaned, giving me the small device.

"Thanks."

I sat down next to Nancy on the boat as Steve pushed us out before jumping on.

"You said four!" Dustin yelled.

"Sorry." Steve whispered.

"Bed time at nine, kiddos!" Robin  yelled as we started drifting off and I giggled quietly as Dustin flipped us off from shore.

"Miss you already!"

-

"Row, row, row your boat-"

"Dakota shut up!"

"Geez, you don't have to be so rude about it."

"Yeah, she's the one in charge!"

Eddie rolled his eyes and him and Steve kept on paddling.