32. 𝓢𝓽𝓻𝓸𝓷𝓰𝓮𝓻 𝓣𝓸𝓰𝓮𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻

"You know you didn't have to come with me. You could have stayed with your family for some time," Vayu asked while looking around Kiana's hotel room. She was resting on the couch with her laptop on her stomach.

"I can go back over weekends. Don't worry about it. I wanted to be here with you," She said and showed a smile. He sighed while nodding at her and getting settled on the bed edge.

"By the way," Kiana said as she sat straight. She kept her laptop on the table before and showed an excited grin.

Vayu raised his eyebrows in confusion. "Your sister-in-law has the best arrangements. Look at the hotel room. Who wastes so much money on employees?" She asked.

Vayu nodded. "I would agree. This is much better than our arrangements. Until when they have arranged this?" He asked.

"For a couple of weeks. Ishan said he would be looking at places to rent, but I told him that I'll accompany him. I don't want to waste money on unnecessary things. I am happy renting a small place," She said. Vayu nodded.

"Do as you please," he mumbled while being in his thoughts again. Kiana smiled before getting up. She walked up to him and got settled beside him.

"Don't worry. It is fine that they didn't accept us. Your father was still warm with me," She said in a low voice and encircled her hand around his arm before keeping her head over his shoulder.

They arrived in Delhi a day back. The first thing Vayu did was to go back to his place to tell his family everything about him and Kiana. He didn't want them to take ahead the alliance with Wadias to complicate the matter further. As expected, his grandfather rejected them even before seeing or talking to Kiana. His mother tried to make him understand their views, which went in vain as expected. His father and grandmother were quiet the whole time. So he only had his sisters to back him.

Things were getting messier for him as no one was ready to even meet Kiana when he approached them again. He felt helpless not knowing what to do. Raghav was already away for work, and Adiraj was busy handling his own mess. He didn't feel right disturbing either of them.

Vayu moved his head down and held it in both hands while feeling helpless. The worries about their future kept disturbing him. What if they don't accept them ever? What was he supposed to do? For one thing, he knew he won't ever leave Kiana's side, but was it ok to keep her with him? Did she deserve better? Of course, she deserved someone who could treat her better.

"Vayu," She whispered. Seeing him this way was breaking her even more no matter how much she tried to hold everything together.

"I don't know what to do. Kiana," He said and faced her. He held her hands securely in his as he looked straight into her eyes.

"You can walk away if this gets unbearable, okay? Don't hold yourself back because I know you deserve better," He said. She smiled heartfully as she moved their hands up and kissed them gently.

"I am not going anywhere. I didn't say I love you for the sake of it. That is a promise, Vayu Shah, which I'll keep until the end. You are not alone in this. We will fight together no matter what happens," She said. He gave her a faint smile.

"I love you," He said as she chuckled. "I know that one thing for sure," She said, which made him smile.

"I have to meet Anshu. You can go to meet Adiraj. You came hurriedly for that, right?" She asked. He didn't say but moved his gaze down.

"We will meet over dinner, okay?" She asked.

"I am sorry," He whispered in a broken voice that stabbed her heart. "Vayu, I'll beat you if you say that one more time," She shouted in annoyance.