25. 𝓢𝓪𝔂 𝓷𝓸 𝓶𝓸𝓻𝓮

The dining table was full today for lunch as the members of the Shah family who were abroad had come back. The dining table was filled with chatter. "How's work? I hope you have managed to get over the piled-up work," Vayu's grandfather spoke.

He nodded. "Yes, of course."

"I already asked Ishan about it, Papa. He said everything has been taken care of. Your grandson is more capable than any of us," His mother spoke in defense of her son. Vayu's grandfather laughed but nodded in agreement.

"That I don't doubt. That's why I chose him over others, and now Veda and Vihana will join him soon. I can't be happier," He said. Vayu exchanged a look with his mother, who gestured for him not to speak anything.

"Umm... I need to go to Chandigarh soon," He said instead while changing the topic.

"Why?" His mother asked in confusion. "I'm trying to expand the business and thought I could speak to a few clients there," he said.

"Why there?" His grandfather asked with creases on his forehead. "We have already gathered enough people outside India, Dadu. We have opened new branches all over the world, but I feel we are lacking when it comes to our native country. We just have a few offices in major cities like Mumbai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Noida, and Delhi... I'm thinking of expanding more so we could contribute here as well. So Chandigarh, Pune, Chennai, and maybe a couple of more cities would be good for that," He said and sipped coffee as he watched his sister beside him.

Veda chuckled lightly but kept her head down as she stuffed the chapati and sabzi in her mouth. "Hmm... That sounds good," His grandfather said and smiled. "I'm proud of you," He said.

Vayu pressed and smiled as Vihana from across the table shook her head slightly. His parents and grandmother watched him through smiles.

"Also, meet Alya soon. I'll fix a meeting with her," His grandfather said ahead. "Sorry?" Vayu asked in confusion.

"Get married. Let your grandparents enjoy their favorite grandchild's marriage now..." he said.

"What?" Vayu asked while making a confusing shocked face. Veda coughed on her water as Vihana crooked her eyebrows.

"Just for your entertainment?" Vihana asked. "Vihana," Her mother said as she shrugged and ignored her.

"You said the same thing and got Armaan Bhaiyaa married, and then divorce followed. Let him get married to the one he wants... You'll say the same thing tomorrow to me and Veda," She said ahead in irritation, and silence followed.

"Where are your manners?" Their grandfather asked while raising his voice. "I guess she is right," Their father spoke.

"Let my kids decide at least something. We can't make every decision for them. You didn't give me a choice while choosing the career, and I ended up being here. Let them do what they want," He said ahead.

His grandfather laughed sarcastically. "You might have ended up ruining my name if I have let you do what you wanted," He said ahead.

Silence spread across the table for a few moments until Grandfather looked at Vayu again. "What do you think? Wadias are huge, and if this alliance happens, then it would be good for everyone," he said.

Vayu kept looking at the plate down. "Let him eat in peace. He keeps working hard the whole time," Grandmother said.

"Yes, he'll choose what's best for everyone," His mother spoke. Vayu sighed as he took the spoon to his mouth while feeling frustrated all over again.

Veda tagged Vayu's hand to comfort him, and he could just press smile to assure her that he was fine so she won't worry.

**********