29. 𝓢𝓽𝓪𝓻𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓪𝓰𝓪𝓲𝓷

The next few days passed rather slowly for Kiana. There wasn't much work as her joining date for the new company was still some time away and no one let her do other chores as they were too happy to have her back so Jassy was loaded with the work. Alankrita joined the family a day back along with Jassy's mother. Kiana was furious at her, so she didn't make many attempts to talk to her. Alankrita had always held her head high and her ego dearly to her, so she didn't try it as well.

But their grandparents made sure to put some sense into Alankrita, which she ignored. Later, she rebelled against the decision of her family, which was dividing Kiana's chores between her and Jassy, and refused to do it. So Jassy got loaded with extra work. Kiana offered her help, but he refused to let her do anything.

Vayu and Ishan were busy with their office work as well as unwinding the mess in Kiana's family business. They would come late in the night as Vayu had to visit some clients chosen by Ishan. They needed to show some work and couldn't afford to lazying around. Otherwise, it would affect their company as well.

Vayu widened his eyes and rubbed them to get sleep away from them as he walked outside in the open space with his coffee mug. He rested against the railing as he kept looking around in the dark. The coldness was too much in the air, considering it was winter month. He had to put a sweater over the shirt he was wearing. He had tracks beneath, and he kept wearing socks to keep himself warm, but his cold nose kept irritating him. He always felt annoyed with anything extreme.

"I didn't know you were actually here for work only." He looked back at Kiana and smiled.

"Why? Are you missing me? I thought I was annoying," He said. She rolled her eyes as she adjusted her shawl and shivered. She walked ahead and stood beside him. Her eyes moved to the coffee mug, and she moved her head slightly forward while gesturing for him to feed her.

He sighed hopelessly but moved the mug to her mouth as she carefully took a sip. "Why are you still awake?" He asked as he sipped his coffee and put the mug aside.

She shivered again and laughed. He chuckled at her childishness but have always liked to see it. "Just..."

"Dadu keeps asking about the progress. I have to report to mom and dadu. Mom will understand, but he is pretty strict," He said. She nodded.

"I have heard about it. He would lose it at people over small issues," He said. Vayu nodded.

"I'll tell him once I go back," he said and took a brief pause before speaking ahead, "I'm genuinely sorry about what I did."

She kept looking ahead for some time and let out a deep breath. "Is it hard to be on the field?" She asked. He shook his head negatively.

"Not much," He said. She chuckled. "I heard you helped a lot in the past few days to sort the mess. You also helped with farms and made a better plan," She said.

"Thank you... I feel like I'm using you," She said while looking down at her hands. Sadness and guilt reflected on her face as she felt worse.

"I don't mind even if you use me. I'm all yours," He said. She chuckled hopelessly as she looked up at him again. "Cheesy," She said.

He laughed lightly and nodded. "Even I find myself pretty hopeless these days. But what to do," he said with a shrug and added, "You are worth it."

She smiled as she looked ahead. He frowned as he faced her now. "By the way, did you say I was an asshole?" He said with creases on his forehead.

She shrugged. "In my defense, you were unpleasing in school."

He kept glaring at her. "And you liked that loud brat?" He asked. She laughed while putting her head back and shook her head. "No, I didn't. He is exaggerating. He is nice but not for me. I like arrogant brats," She said while smiling at him. He smiled back and took a deep breath before looking ahead.