5. 𝓖𝓮𝓽𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓪𝓵𝓸𝓷𝓰 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾

About 40 kilometres south of Cape Town near the pretty village of Simon's Town on the way to the Cape Point Nature Reserve, this beach is home to a large colony of endangered African penguins

About 40 kilometres south of Cape Town near the pretty village of Simon's Town on the way to the Cape Point Nature Reserve, this beach is home to a large colony of endangered African penguins. The beach is set between large granite boulders on the False Bay coastline, so the water is slightly warmer here to swim. The penguins are highly entertaining as they strut between the sand and the sea.

"You kept your promise, after all," Kiana said while walking to Vayu, who was taking out his backpack from the back of the car.

His head moved in her direction before moving up at the door. He held it and pulled it down to shut it close. "I don't forget my promises, nor do I like owing anything to anyone."

"So there are your penguins," He said ahead while gesturing to the beach.

She chuckled. "So you weren't drunk," She said. He shrugged. "I don't get drunk. We should know our capacity. Isn't it?" He asked. She nodded as her eyes roamed over his face.

A smirk formed on his lips as he looked away while pressing it. "Don't make it that obvious," He said and watched her back. She scoffed.

"I was looking at you because I was talking to you. If I don't, it might look rude," She said. He chuckled further and shook his head.

"Don't get too comfortable. I won't always be nice," He said with the same smirk before walking past her.

She rolled her eyes but nodded lightly. "Of course, how can I expect anything from you," She mumbled and turned around to get to Anshika and Sam.

Sam was already scared while looking at the Penguins around. He would try to get close but would run away the moment they took a step forward. Others laughed while watching him. He was having a good time while playing with some new friends who were unreliable. After a while of his play, Kiana pulled him back and away from them before he could hurt himself.

She was happy to look at her favourite species but maintained her distance. She just clicked a few pictures and sent them to her sister and mother. she and her sister have loved them since childhood and would turn on the discovery channel to watch them. They would copy their funny walk and laugh out loud at their stupidity. A smile formed on Kiana's lips as she missed those days.

"They are so cute," Kiana said when Raghav stopped beside her. He smiled while watching the penguins before him. "I know, right? I'm glad we came here," He said genuinely.

Kiana smiled at him and moved her gaze away. She was debating if she should say a few things but then remembered her mother's words. She would always have taught her to be genuine to herself if not anyone else and even when she was selfish and unpleasant most of the time, she knew how to be grateful to certain people if they really have done something good or were genuinely nice to her.

"Listen, Raghav," She started awkwardly. Raghav moved his head towards her and raised his eyebrows in questioning.

"Yeah?"