24. 𝓔𝓿𝓮𝓻𝔂𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝔂𝓸𝓾

Alankrita fiddled with her fingers nervously as she sat outside Vayu's room at the company. She watched the reception desk where a woman kept answering the calls and feeding her laptop with something. She looked too busy to pay attention to the girl sitting on the couch before her.

She tapped her feet a few times and finally got up from her seat to get to the desk. "Excuse me," She said while grabbing the attention of the receptionist. She looked up at her with a questioning face, too busy to even have any conversation.

"I was told that I have been called by Vayu sir," She said. The reception nodded and gestured her to take a seat. Alankrita sighed before walking back and settling on the couch again with her head down and feet tapping. She bit her nails as the nervousness was increasing every passing minute.

"Ms. Kashyap?"

She looked up and stood straight rapidly. "Yes," She said. Ishan nodded and walked past her. "Please follow," He said.

"Don't send anyone inside until informed by me," He said while watching the receptionist and pushed the door to Vayu's room as he looked at Alankrita again.

"Please," He said while holding the door and gesturing her to get inside. Alankrita put a nervous smile as she walked inside. Her eyes wandered on the stunning dark interior and the spacious cabin.

The giant glass window gave the top beautiful view of Delhi. There was a table beside it, a set of couches laid before the table. There were a few indoor plants beside the glass. A shelf on one side was filled with trophies and certificates, while another one was adjacent to it holding many books than she had ever read in her life. A few frames were hung on the wall that displayed important events that had happened for him since he entered the company.

Her eyes moved to the desk again when Vayu got up from his place and walked to her with a small smile. His personality, looks, or attitude, everything made him look attractive to anyone's eyes no matter who it was. Alankrita wasn't an exception to it as well. He had always stood out from the crowd. "Hello, Ms. Kashyap. Sorry to have startled you with the sudden invitation," He said. Alankrita shook her head dumbfoundedly.

"It's no problem, sir," She said with a little fear. He had a strong personality that scared many. He was confident, fearless, and self-assured that sometimes offended many. He has never put on with excuses and treated his insecurities as opportunities, which helped him big time to reach where he was today. He was always careful about who to let in his life because of the attention he grabbed even when he never needed it. He could never stand insensitivity, idiocy, or ignorance and thus became the topic of gossip or whispers for being a strict boss. There were loads of rumours and loads of praises, and there were a few foes, many admirers as well, but it never mattered to him. He was always more focused on his work.

"Please, sit. Ishan, can you please order three coffees?" He asked. Alankrita was confused as she watched the man behaving differently than he was expected.

"Sir?" She called again.

Vayu and Ishan watched her back. "Yes?" Vayu asked. Alankrita shook her head slightly. "Umm... Did I do anything wrong?" She asked.

Vayu chuckled as he spoke ahead, "Did you do anything wrong?" He asked. Alankrita shook her head negatively in doubt.

"Then there is no need for you to worry about. You should be confident, isn't it?" He asked. Alankrita nodded while giving an awkward smile.

"Please, sit, Ms. Kashyap," Vayu said again and watched Ishan for help. Ishan sighed hopelessly and watched Alankrita again.

"It's about your sister, Kiana Kashyap, actually," Ishan started in a formal tone when Alankrita refused to get settled and kept looking in confusion and fear.