26. 𝓕𝓲𝓷𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓼𝓸𝓵𝓪𝓬𝓮 𝓪𝓰𝓪𝓲𝓷

"Are you sure this is the right address?" Vayu asked while standing in front of a lavish bungalow and staring at it. "I guess," Ishan said while adoring the house in the front.

It comprised a single floor and covered a larger space on the ground. The yard consisted of trees, plants, and a wide area of lawn through which a stoned walkway was carved. It led to the entrance of the veranda of the house. A table and a few chairs were placed in the veranda along with a swing on one side. A couple of cars and a jeep were parked on one side in the parking area. The garden had a sitting arrangement that comprised comfy seating under the pergola with a grill for a BBQ feast.

The casement windows of the house were wide open, and the bright curtains were visible through them. There was a small terrace balcony on one side of the first floor, which was common to the room on that floor. They could see a couple of people doing chores there.

It looked like an ideal bungalow from old times. It was well maintained.

"They are richer than I thought," Ishan mumbled and added, "I love these kinds of vintage houses. They give me those old vibes and make me feel nostalgic."

Vayu sighed as he watched Ishan. "Do you think I should go inside?" He asked. Ishan shrugged. "All I can do is pray for you," He said.

"But just think about it... If you don't go inside now, then you'll regret it forever as you'll lose her forever," Ishan added ahead.

"I hate it when you are right," Vayu mumbled with an irritated face and looked around the place one more time. He took a deep breath and let it out before taking a step forward.

"Are you here to invite me to your wedding?"

He froze in his place while hearing that voice after weeks. Somewhere, relief washed through him that he was finally able to find her, but nervousness came alive and he was unsure of her decision. His fate was in her hands now, after everything he did.

He held his breath and watched ahead as she walked towards him. She was looking different this time. Apart from the lack of warmth, her whole appearance was different than usual.

She was wearing a sky blue straight kurta having handcrafted embroidery. She had paired it with a white palazzo. She had no accessories apart from earrings. Her loose hair was straight, but the redness was gone from them. It was just black. Her eyes lacked any emotions as she stopped before him with a plain face.

"Give me that," She said as she folded her arms over her chest. "That's not true," He said while feeling guilty all over again.

She chuckled sarcastically. "It's funny how you are always mistaken by people," She said.

"Kiana, I'm sorry for everything," He said as her eyes turned darker. The smile vanished as she glared at him. "Saying those two words is not enough, Mr. Shah. They always don't fix everything magically. They are just a formality," She said.

His heart broke even more with her every word. She had changed drastically. The liveliness, the enthusiasm, the happiness was missing, and he was the sole reason for it. He shook his head slightly while feeling helpless and moved his head down while not understanding what he needed to do.

"If you are done, then leave. My family is inside and I don't want to put a show in front of them. I haven't told them anything yet. Anything means not even your name," she said.

He gulped but gathered the courage again to look her, straight in the eyes. "I'm not going anywhere. I love you, Kiana, and I'm here to reflect on my mistakes, to correct them. I won't leave just yet," He said with determination.

She gritted her jaw. "Alya Wadia... The sole heir of one of the richest business families. The merger will bring a lot of fortune to you. Why are you here? I don't come in the top ten prestigious families," She said.