Chapter 13- its raining its pouring

The school day had ended, the team decided to leave practice for the first day and start with it on the second day.

Akaashi stood at the exit waiting for Bokuto, he noticed the boy didn't get to say a proper goodbye. The kind of goodbye he actually wanted to. While waiting the setter noticed the skies had gone Gray and he assumed it was going to rain, he didn't show any facial expression, but he was a little excited for the rain. He enjoyed how peaceful the world was when it rained and he'd sometimes go out and sit in the rain, watching the world go by and feel as if he was washing away all his thoughts and problems.

Keiji saw the older boy so walked over to him, seeing he was talking to some friends stood quietly letting him finish the conversation.

"well bye guys! See you tomorrow!

The boy's friends stood in confusion one asking about why he wasn't joining them.

"I'm going to wait for my boy- my best friend" Bokuto quickly corrected himself worries if people found out, Akaashi would get upset with him. The setter waited a second before speaking up and pretending he had just turned up hearing the last part.

"you can tell them if you want to, Kōtarō, I don't mind"

"no its okay! You wanted to wait till we did so I can wait. But anyway, bye guys!"

Bokuto grabbed Akaashi's hand and the two started to walk back. It was silent but comfortable silence.

They eventually arrived at Akaashi's house, and the boy stopped heading towards his front door, Bokuto stopped as well assuming this was where they parted ways. He tried to hide a saddened expression, Akaashi walked over and held Bokuto's hand dragging him into the house. The two went up to Akaashi's room. The two boys settled down on the bed in Akaashi's room, Bokuto watching a film and pointing out his favourite scenes while Akaashi sat next to him reading his book.

Bokuto watched as something caught Keiji's attention and the boy placed his book down and walked over to the window. He opened the blinds slightly and saw it was raining, immediately wanting to get out in it. He turned on his heel and made his way down the stairs quickly, Bokuto chuckled never seeing Akaashi like this so followed behind it.

"AKKKAASSSHHHHIIIII WAIT FOR ME!"

Bokuto chased after the boy, hopping as he made his way to the back door trying to shove his shoes on. He looked up seeing Akaashi was already outside, the boy stood looking up at the rain and the setting sun. all of it a beautiful image, a peaceful feeling running through Akaashi as he did so. Bokuto walked out, standing next to the boy wrapping a hand around his waist.

"what are you up to?"

"I love the rain, it's so peaceful"

"oh okay I see, we can stand and watch the rain. Just don't get a cold"

"I won't. I'm still yet to get sick from doing this. Don't worry I know my limits"

Bokuto smiled softly watching what Akaashi was looking through the corner of his eyes at the boy, admiring how his eyes twinkled at the sight. His face so mesmerised by the sight like a kid in a candy store. Not wanting to ruin the moment Bokuto went back to watching the world like Akaashi was, he watched the stars in the sky.

"say Akaashi, what do you think the stars really are?"

"well I know they are actually an astronomical object comprising a luminous spheroid of plasma but" Akaashi softly chucked at Bokuto's expression of pure confusion.

"sorry I really like astronomy, so I know a lot"

"no it's cute! You were going to say but?"

"oh yea but I like to believe they are people who have passed watching down on their loved ones"

"aww that's sweet Keiji!"

"what about you, Kōtarō. What do you think?"

"I never really thought anything, they were just dots in the sky, but I really like what you said!"

Bokuto smiled softly, moving himself to face Akaashi. He pulled the boy closer to him and started to gently sway him to the sound of the rain. He held the two of them close to keep each other warm. Bokuto blushed as he looked down seeing Akaashi smiley widely and laughing at the two of them. Keiji rested his head against Bokuto's chest while Bokuto rested his head on Akaashi's.

"I love you Kōtarō. Thank you for meeting me."

"I love you to the moon and back! And I found out that it means like I love you every minute of the day or something because the distance is the same as the heart beating. I'm not sure Kuroo told me, but he went on about a lot of science as well" Bokuto continued to ramble, stopping himself and looked down seeing Akaashi was looking at him the same way he did when watching the stars.

Bokuto checked the time pulling away from the hug, he looked down at Akaashi.

"sorry I have to head home now"

"don't be sorry, it's okay"

"okay.. I'll go through the side gate so I don't drip water all in your house"

Akaashi thanked Bokuto with a small nod, he opened the gate to let Bokuto out. The owl-looking boy smiled softly, pulling Akaashi in for a soft yet passionate kiss before heading home. Akaashi blushed at this, waving Bokuto bye waiting till he was out of sight before going up to his room and getting some fresh clothes to get washed.

Once he was ready, Akaashi got himself settled at his desk to finish off a few small tasks.