Chapter 10- our talk

The practice match had ended meaning it was time for Fukurodani to head back the teams said their goodbyes. Bokuto bounded over to Akaashi to check in on him. He noticed the boy wasn't looking too well and was shoving his jacket on and hiding in it despite it being so warm. immediately offering help to the setter. However, Bokuto's face filled with sorrow when his friend refused the offer.

"Sorry-"

"No, Akaashi. Please don't apologise it's not your fault."

"I know but"

"Akaaashhhiii it's okay!"

The setter just nodded fidgeting with his fingers and jacket sleeves. Bokuto gently grabbed the midnight-haired boy's hand and led him away, he gently tugged Akaashi to get him to keep as the Bokuto raced home ever so slightly.

Once they arrived back Bokuto opened the door and let Akaashi in. The smaller boy of the two took his shoes off and left them by the door as he was taught to always do. Bokuto saw this and remembered to himself so took his shoes off, hopping slightly due to the speed he was trying to do this and put them on the shoe shelf. Once that was sorted Bokuto led Akaashi up to his room.

The two sat together watching the show Bokuto put on. After a while Bokuto started to fidget, Akaashi turned his attention to face Bokuto.

"Bokuto-san is everything okay?"

"Hm yea- no yea it's fine! How are your arms?"

"Oh, they're fine."

Bokuto looked at Akaashi's arms seeing they started to bleed through again.
"We should change the dressing on them Akaashi."

"Really, they're fine Bokuto-San."

"Akaashi- please call me Bokuto and if it doesn't get cleaned, they'll get infected".

Akaashi gave in realising Bokuto was right, the third year went off to get some bandages and stuff to clean Akaashi's arms. He carefully wiped off the blood from the cuts, watching as Akaashi winced at the pain

"I know, I know but it'll hurt more if we don't"

Akaashi nodded in agreement, he sat silently and watched as Bokuto focused on bandaging where all the cuts were. The boy was being careful yet making sure everything was secure, talking words of comfort to Akaashi telling he was proud of him despite the cuts, proud of how brave he was for trying to survive through it all, proud how brave he was being while his arms were being bandaged.

Once satisfied with the job he had done Bokuto stood up and sat next to Akaashi. He wrapped an arm around the boy being careful as to not upset or make him feel uncomfortable. He reached it and grabbed Akaashi's hand, wrapping it in his own.

"promise me if it gets to this point where you want to harm yourself 'Kaashi please tell me. Don't hurt yourself."

"I'll try Bokuto- San."

"do you not trust me?"

Akaashi stared down. It's not that he didn't trust Bokuto he trusted him the most, he just hated talking to other about his feelings.

"no, I do, sorry that sentence at first came off wrong-  I just mean that I'll try my hardest to break the habit".

"oh okay!"

Akaashi nodded  staying rested against Bokuto. He couldn't help but feel drained in guilt so shut his eyes to block the tears from spilling not wanting to need even more attention.