Ver x GN!Reader [Highschool AU]

Thanks for the request, smol_alia, and I hope you like it! So sorry for the long wait and short chapter <3

You're a friend of the council's president, Ver Vermillion. Known as the 'straight A's kid,' you've never got any detention for the last couple of years you've studied there. Well, that record broke when the teacher caught you using your phone. For what? Who knows...

~

First-person POV

I was supposed to go home after school to rest, but no. The teacher gave me detention because I used my phone in class. Technically, I was just about to turn off my alarm from yesterday's event. The teacher thought it was my ringtone and that someone was calling me. He didn't even give me a chance to explain!

At least I have time to finish a book I started a few weeks ago. Life at home has been stressful lately, anyway. 

~

After detention, I walk straight home. That's what I planned to do, at least. I bumped into Ver a few minutes ago and now we're at the park with popsicles on our hands.

"That was a first," he giggled.

"It's dumb, really. The teacher won't even listen to me," I explained. I sigh and look at Ver beside me. "It's rare of you to hang out after school. You usually have council work to do," I commented. I'm not complaining, though.

"Oh, right," he turned to me, "Doppio invited us and the others to a little game night at his arcade. Tomorrow's weekend, so we don't need to worry about waking up late."

I smiled, "Sure thing." I stand up and dusted off my pants, "Well? What are we waiting for?"

~

I'm so sorry for the wait and short chapter! I've been feeling down lately, idk why. I might be taking a short break, but I'm not sure myself. Hope you guys understand, thank youu ♡♡