Ike x Child!Reader [Fluff]

Ike was strolling through the park when he heard a child crying. It was almost dark, so he offered the child to stay at his place for a bit. He wanted to return the child to the police, but the child seemed scared.

~

Ike is currently walking through a park after he went to the store. It's almost dark there, so he took a shortcut. Muffled noises of a crying child start to become audible as he walks. 

'Is there a child crying?' Ike thought to himself. He follows the noise, and it leads him to an apple tree. Under the tree is a child crying while hugging a stuffed lion.

Ike slowly approaches the child. The kid looks up at him. "Please don't hit me," they said softly.

Ike smiles at the child. "I'm not going to do anything bad to you. You can trust me."

'You can trust me!'

Those words repeat inside the child's mind with a picture of another person. That picture resembles Ike himself. The child wipes away their tears and leaps into Ike. 

"Protect me, brother..." the child whispers.

'Brother..?' Ike thought. He shakes his thought off and hugs the child. "Let's take you to the police, alright?"

Their head shoots up with a terrified expression. They shake their head violently. Ike sighed and said that the police could help them go back home. The child still refuses and tightens their grip on Ike. Ike gave up eventually and offered to go back to his place. The child agrees and they walk back to Ike's house.

"We haven't introduced ourselves, have we?" Ike asked the kid beside him.

The kid nodded, "I'll start. My name is Y/n, and this is Augustus!" Ike puts on a confused expression. The name 'Augustus' sounds familiar. It's from Luca, his fellow genmate.

"Augustus sounds familiar," he commented. He looks closer at the plushie. It looks nothing like Luca's, but it has some things in common. 

"It's from my brother! He likes to watch this person play games sometimes. I like him too since he reminded me of our puppy. Brother named it Lucas. Pretty cool, isn't it?" Y/n hugs his plushie tighter.

"Well, my name is Ike. If I may ask, how old are you?" He asked. He reaches for his house key in his pocket while waiting for the answer.

"I'm turning seven next month! I guess I'm still six now, but I can't wait for my birthday!" Y/n jumps in excitement.

"Is it because you want to grow up fast?" Ike asks as he opens the door.

"Nope," both of them walk into the house. Ike head towards the kitchen, followed by the little Y/n. "My brother will come home and celebrate with me. I haven't seen him in so long!"

They move to the living room with some snacks. They both sit down on the couch, and Y/n crawls into Ike's lap. He places down the plate of Oreos and a cup of milk and hands one to Y/n. 

"Is your brother not at home?" Ike continued their conversation.

Y/n shook their head, "He's with dad at their house. They're far away from here. I live with mom. Do you want to hear why?" Ike nods hesitantly. He feels like he's just getting into people's business, but he's also curious. Y/n finishes their Oreo and grabs another. They bite it before starting. 

"Well, my mom and dad fought when I was around five. My brother tried to stop them, but he was injured. It's not a bad one, just a small scar. I forgot what happened after that. They're not in love anymore, so they separate. That's what my brother told me." Y/n explained while taking bites of their Oreo after sentences.

Ike frowned a little at the story. They're just a kid and already know these things. He brush it off and asked, "How old is your brother?"

"He just turned twelve last month. I hung out at his place for the weekends, then mom came and picked me up." Y/n grab the little cup of milk and drink it. He sits back down beside Ike after that. "Do you have any hobbies, Ike? Wait, I can just call you that, right? Should I use mister?" Y/n asked the older male beside him.

Ike giggled, "You don't need to be formal. And my hobbies would be writing and reading stories, I guess? I also like to play games with my friends." 

Both of them continue to talk to each other that night. They talked about games, stories, movies, animals, and even food! Ike starts to like the kid so much, even though they just met a few hours ago. He's bubbly and talkative.

They both cooked some food for dinner. Ike did the cooking, while Y/n helped with the small things. Y/n talked about how they love cooking with their mom. 

"We tried to make pizza sushi, and it worked!" The little kid said. Ike laugh at the idea of what the food would look like.

When bedtime came, Ike tuck them and himself in. They both cuddled to sleep the whole night. Y/n was glad he trusted Ike. He wasn't a bad guy after all. They ended up with a new friend that lives nearby. They had an excellent time that day.

In the evening the next day, Ike heard a knock on his door. He told Y/n to hold on first and pause the game they were playing. When he opened the door, he saw a woman that looks similar to Y/n. The woman informed him that she lost her child yesterday and asked him if he had seen them.

Y/n, thinking Ike was taking too long, walked to the front door. They saw Ike with a woman talking. Y/n squint their eyes to see the woman. Their eyes widen when they recognize her.

"Mom!" Y/n yelled and ran past Ike. The woman hugged them and spun them around while crying tears of joy. Ike smiled at the wholesome scene in front of him. He told the woman that he found them at the park nearby. He planned to tell the police, but the child refused. He can't stand seeing them alone late at night, so he invited them over.

"It's probably because of the accident they had. Thank you very much, I appreciate it. How can I repay you, dear?" Asked the woman

Ike just shook his head. "You don't need to. But, the house gets too quiet from time to time. Maybe you two could visit when I'm not busy?"

Y/n hugged Ike and told him that they would love to. The adults shared phone numbers and bid goodbye. It is surely not the last, since Y/n keep their promise to visit. They even had a dinner out with Y/n's dad and brother on their birthday. Their brother was really happy to see Ike, his second favorite Vtuber, in real life.

And that's how Ike created a bond between him and a kid named Y/n.

~

1200 words

And for the daily dose of animal pic from the internet we got ...

Cat with cat lamp (=ↀωↀ=)
Cats are so cute, I cant- (T∇T )