Shu x F!Reader [ANGST to Comfort]

I am back from the dead and will soon be dead again-

Requested by Kn0xxy

~

All eyes were on you, yet they still told you to pretend they're not there. The whispers were bothering you and the side eyes were killing you. It's like they're judging you. You're the center of attention and yet they still expect you to not be nervous, eventhough they know damn well this isn't where you're supposed to be.

You're supposed to be the background character. The character that's just there to make the scene looks crowded. And yet, here you are, standing with a shadow covering your eyes.

Don't look at them.

They're  not there.

Make your friends proud.

Make the people entertained.

You can do it, what are you scared about?

The noises in your head just makes it worse. They're pressuring you to do it. Why? Where's the positive words of "be yourself" or "your opinion matter"? You just want to be alone in your comfort zone that people keep telling you to step out of. What if you don't want to? They're just going to force you, aren't they?

You drop the mic and run to an empty room at the back. That was useless. Embarrassing. Humiliating. Everyone was expecting something from you and you didn't give anything to them. Your intrusive thoughts won. The right intrusive thoughts. It would've been more humiliating if you broke down in front of them, wouldn't it? You're not a kid anymore.

"Y/n?"

That voice. The voice that can clear any rainy days. The voice that can calm the storm. The voice you've been waiting as if it's a prince charming.

"Y/n, do you have your phone? You can just text me if you don't want to talk."

He's so understanding. Maybe that's what made you fell in love with him. It is what made you fall. He clears the sky whenever it's gray. He calms the Earth when it's falling apart. He wipes your tears and tell you that he'll 'catch every tear you drop so it won't go to waste.'

You quickly type in 'Can we go home?' in your phone and send it to him. Before he could respond, you type again. 'Sorry'

"No," he replied immediately, "Don't say sorry, you're not the one to blame."

'Home'
'Please?'

"Yes, of course we can. I'll be waiting in the car, okay? Calm down first," he assured. The faint sound of footsteps fade as he walks away from the door.

'Thank you'

~

Home. Your home. Our home. Finally.

"Go change into something more comfortable. I'll wait here," he said. You nod, picking up clothes and bringing it to the restroom with you.

You come back to your lovely boyfriend on the bed, arms open wide for you and only you. You carefully lay down and wrap your arms around his torso. Small, faint sobs starts to be audible by the seconds. You want to let it all out and relax, but you're too tired. Your eyes are heavy and your muscles are barely working.

"It's okay. Everything will be okay. I'll try my best to be there for you, alright? Actually, if you want some time alone, I'll give it to you."

Those words you crave so much. The words that fill a hole in your heart that you didn't even know exist. How is he doing all of this?

It's all silence after that. Comfortable silence. The silence you crave after hours of loud, blasting of music that you didn't like. It's nice.

"I mean this is the nicest way possible, you should start to learn when to refuse requests." He turns his eyes to your direction. "Listen to your thoughts more."

"How?" You said faintly as you voice cracks. Shit. It's starting again, isn't it? No, no, no. It was just getting better.

"Shh... it's okay, ignore what I said."

"Sor-"

"No."

....

"Don't apologize for something to didn't meant to do."

He starts to hum his little lullaby again as he brush his slender finger through your hair.

"Shu?"

"Yes?"

"Thank you"

"Don't mention it, it's my way to express my love for you."

"Thank you"

"No problem."

The sun to my moon. The flashlight in the darkest night. The umbrella in he pouring rain. The comfort that's always here.

"I love you, Shu."

"I love you more, Y/n."

~

I know the request was comfort and not angst, but you can't have comfort without angst.