Chapter 32

Three months later

Paris. It was as beautiful as I remembered it to be. Especially now with night falling on our third day here. Our room had the perfect view of the Eiffel Tower and I had been laid across our bed in a plush robe, completely content. "You know you never did play me that mushy song you wrote about me," I said to Austin. My mind had been wandering but only in the most romantic corners. Because apparently that's what an anniversary in Paris did to me.

Austin was lying next to me, admiring the view out our window too. "You remember that?" he asked. He was so close I felt his words brush along my neck.

"I remember everything you tell me." I grinned. "Seeing as this is our anniversary vacation, I think I should be allowed to hear it."

He let out a soft chuckle, always ready to amuse me. "That does sound like a fair request." He leaned in close and planted a lingering kiss on my collarbone. "But only if I get to pick where you hear it."

"Okay." I eyed him curiously. "Weird conditions to request but I'll play along."

He sat up. "I guess that means you better go get dressed now if you want to hear that song before our dinner plans."

"You still didn't tell me where we were going to dinner," I reminded. "Any suggestions on what I should wear?"

"Dress to impress."

We shared a smile and I nearly sprang off the bed with anticipation to know what fancy restaurant we were going to and more so, hear this damn song.

Driving through the streets of Paris wrapped in Austin's arm in the backseat of the car was pure bliss. If this was all we did tonight, I'd be perfectly happy.

I stared at the beautiful buildings as they passed buy us and hardly knew where we were going but was becoming more curious when we pulled off the main road and stopped in front of what appeared to be a huge church. This wasn't a restaurant as I was expecting but the building was breathtaking. It had a gothic architecture that made it hauntingly beautiful. There was countless engravings and stain glass windows. All I could do was look up and marvel at it. Was this just our first stop where he wanted to let me hear the song? I was trying to piece it together but failed. Then I remembered we were in Paris, and it didn't matter what or why we did anything.

Austin let us out and looped my arm into his, walking us down a lit-up pathway that seemed to be leading us to the side of the building.

"You know, I would've been perfectly fine hearing the song at the hotel," I shared. "Although I am curious why you wanted to bring me here of all places to hear it."

He smirked. "Trust me. I know you would've."

"Does this mean the public is going to get a free show from a now Grammy winning singer?" I asked even though I hardly saw anyone wandering around here. My question made him grin cheesily. Despite him choosing me, he still won the Grammy just weeks ago. And for the first time it solidified that picking me wasn't dooming his career like I was sure of. "Are you magically going to have a guitar somewhere waiting and adoring fans will get a preview of an unheard song."