Chapter 27

The shower at this cabin was something from dreams. There was a window just eye level that gave me the view of endless rolling snow-covered hills. Large towering trees were still dressed in thick sheets of white. It was straight out of a photo in a calendar. Speaking of calendars, Austin's assistant assured me they'd keep an eye out for the package for him and wrap it and have it under the tree by the time we come back so it'd be a total surprise.

"Babe," Austin called out from the door.

I paused to peek my head out of the shower door. The bathroom was filled with steam just the way I liked it but I was able to make out his foggy silhouette leaning inside. "Yes?"

My soaking wet presence had him pause whatever he was about to say. He checked me out, making me giggle before he snapped his attention back. "Uh, shit, sorry, I was going to say I'm going to run down the street with the guys to grab coffee for everyone."

"You sure that's a good idea?" I questioned, knowing there had to be people just waiting for Austin to pop up now knowing he was here.

"Not at all. But we're going through the drive thru, and I'll be in the back," he explained. "Jace said it was the agreement he made with Gina. The guys would go run and grab coffee and Gina said she'd make breakfast."

"Okay," I said. "I'll finish up so I can go help."

"I believe in you."

I shook my head grinning as he closed the door. I wrapped up my shower to go lend a helping hand as promised. I toweled off, giving my hair just a quick blow dry. Then put on a dab of makeup to look alive. Then threw on a pair of thick high waisted leggings and boots with a fluffy as hell pale blue sweater. I bounded downstairs and heard the girls in the kitchen. The clanking of pots and pans echoing around the lower floor.

I rounded the corner to find Gergana sitting at the kitchen counter on her phone and Gina with a table full of food. "Can I help with anything?" I asked Gina making my way towards her.

She looked back at me. "Yes! Please, can you start the bacon? It's just over there." She pointed to her left.

That was easy enough. I got started and turned to Gergana. I was about to tell her to get up and help us too when I noticed she was humming a song. I leaned in, noting how it sounded familiar. I was trying to place it.

Still looking at her phone, she lightly sang, "Bitch ain't your husband, you're not my godsend."

My jaw dropped, and I let out a loud scoff. "Are you singing Austin's diss song about me?!" I shrieked at her.

Gergana snapped her head up not knowing I'd been paying attention to her and she shrank in on herself. "Sorry, I didn't mean to! It's just so catchy! Our conversation last night made me want to listen to it again."

I scowled at her. "How about you come help us in here instead?" I used my tongs to direct her towards the awaiting food to be finished.

"I will." She grinned. "Just one second." She looked back at her phone and continued to scroll through whatever she was looking at.

With tongs still in hand, I walked over to her to see what was so important. What I found her looking at had me ready to smack her with it. "Why are you on Jack Harlow's instagram?" I asked her.

Gina started cackling from the stove where she was cooking up pancakes.

Gergana looked up at me biting her lip. "Because I totally had a dream about him last night."

"Oh lord," I sighed.

She shrugged. "He's so hot. And thanks to your story, I can't help but want to internet stalk him just a little."