12) lunar eclipse

Lyla was bent down next to Derek with Cora who helped him drink some water. "You're okay" Derek said to Cora.

"I'm doing much better than you are right now and all because of you" Cora said and Derek looked at Lyla. "So, what do you think you of me you still love me" Derek asked her.

"Well, that's a stupid question to ask" Lyla said, and Cora smiled, as Lyla bent down to them.

"I love you exactly who you are I loved you before you were an alpha, I loved you during you were an alpha and I love you now always nothing will ever change" Lyla said, and he smiled kissing her on the cheek.

"Hopefully not all for nothing" Peter said. "You could try being grateful that both your niece and nephew are still alive" Lyla snapped at him. "I like her" Cora said to Derek.

"The moon is rising Derek you drained your battery all the way to the red" Peter said.

"Like how I drain mine talking to you" Lyla said, and Peter rolled his eyes. "Really her" Peter asked Derek who smiled.

"Yes her" Derek said. "There is a fully charged alpha on her way to rip you, limb from limb" Peter said. "I'll be fine in a few hours" Derek said. "I sincerely hope so because a few hours, is all that you have" Peter said.

>>>

"We know about the lunar eclipse so don't think Kali's gonna sit around waiting for it to level the playing field she's coming and my brother's coming with her" Ethan said.

"Good enough for me" Peter said. "Derek" Peter asked. "You want me to run" Derek asked.

"No, I want you to stay and get slaughtered by an alpha with a psychotic foot fetish of course I want you to run and take your girlfriend with you, so Kali doesn't rip her apart trying to get to you sprint, gallop, leap your way out of this town" Peter said.

"She won't hurt me helps with the whole daughter of alpha of alphas thing" Lyla said.

"She's got a point" Cora said. "I wouldn't be too sure about that" Peter said. "If you want to fight and die for something that's fine with me but do it for something meaningful" Cora said.

"Lyla" Derek asked. "I'm with Cora" Lyla said. "How do you know I'm gonna lose" Derek asked.

"We don't but I bet she has an idea don't you Lydia" Peter said going towards her while Lyla quickly stood in front of her glowing her eyes.

"I don't know anything" Lydia said. Peter backed up seeing Lyla wasn't going to back down. "But you feel something don't you" Peter asked and Lyla stopped glowing her eyes.

"What do you feel" Derek asked. "I feel like" Lydia said and then paused. "I'm standing in a graveyard" Lydia said finishing her sentence.

>>>

"Come with me" Derek said trying to convince Lyla to go with him and Cora. "Someone needs to stay with Lydia and Ethan incase things go wrong" Lyla  said.

"Lyla, I can't lose you Kali will go after you" Derek said. "I'll protect her" Ethan said seeing the love the two share.

"Lyla, I love you okay I can't lose you" Derek said. "You won't as soon as I can I'll find you as fast as I can, but I have to make sure Lydia is okay and If anything goes wrong Ethan is here" Lyla said. "Call me and I'll find you" Derek said.

"I know you will" Lyla said, and he kissed her on the lips while she slowly kissed back.

They pulled away from the kiss and he and Cora left while Lyla stood next to Lydia waiting for Kali and Aiden.