10) finding out

Derek heard Jennifer call for him as she ran in. "Derek where are you" she asked, and he made his appearance.

"Right here" Derek said, and Jennifer hugged him. She pulled away from the hug looking at Derek while he tried to act like he knew nothing. "Something happened at the recital at the school okay I need to tell you before you hear it, before you hear any of it from them" Jennifer said.

"From who" Derek asked. "Scott, Stiles, Lyla" Jennifer said. "They're gonna tell you things, things you can't believe you have to trust me okay you trust me" Jennifer said.

"What is it" Derek asked. "Promise you'll listen to me" Jennifer asked him. "I promise" Derek said and Jennifer hugged Derek but pulled away once she realized he wasn't hugging her back.

"They're already here aren't they" Jennifer asked, and Derek looked at them and they walked in while she faced them.

"So, they told you it was me that I'm the one taking people" Jennifer asked.

"We told him you're the one killing people" Scott said. "Oh, that's right" Jennifer said laughing.

"Committing human sacrifices what cutting their throats yeah I probably do that on my lunch hour that way I can get back to teaching high school English the rest of the day that makes perfect sense" Jennifer said.

"Where's my dad" Stiles asked. "How should I know Derek tell me you don't believe this" Jennifer asked, and Derek looked at Lyla.

"Do you know what happened to Stiles' father" Derek asked. "No" Jennifer said.

"Ask her why she almost killed Lydia" Lyla said. "Lydia Martin, I don't know anything about that" Jennifer said. "What do you know" Derek asked.

"I know that these boys and your girlfriend for whatever misguided reason are filling your head with an absurd story" Jennifer said. "And one they can't prove by the way" she said.

"What if we can" Scott said holding a jar of mistletoe. "What is that" Jennifer asked.

"My boss told me it's a poison and a cure which means you can use it and it can be used against you" Scott said.

"Mistletoe" Jennifer said and then Scott opened the jar spreading it to her while she revealed her true form. She tried to get away, but Derek grabbed her by her throat.

"Derek wait, wait" Jennifer said, and Derek extracted his claws. "You need me" Jennifer said. "What are you" Derek asked.

"The only person who can save your sister" Jennifer said. "Call Peter call him" she said, and Derek did, asking him about Cora. "It's not good she's in and out of consciousness she's vomiting up black blood along with one other alarming substance" Derek heard Peter say over the phone.

"Mistletoe" Derek asked. "How did you know that" Peter asked and Derek hung up the phone while he tightened his hold on Jennifer.

"Derek, Derek what are you doing" Scott said. "Her life it's in my hands" Jennifer said and Derek lifted her up. "Stop Derek stop" Stiles said.

"Stilinski, you'll never find him Lyla I tried to get Derek to leave you for me, but no one compares to you even if you're Deucalion's daughter" Jennifer said making Lyla gasp in surprise.

"What" Lyla said. "Derek" Scott said, and Derek dropped her. "That's right you need me all of you" Jennifer said and Derek went to Lyla.

"Lyla" Derek said, and she looked at him. "Did you know" Lyla asked Derek.

"No Cora did but I didn't she mentioned it to me, but I refused to believe it till Deucalion admitted it to me" Derek told her. "Why" Lyla asked. "Cause your nothing like him" Derek said.