11) saving Cora

Lyla kissed Derek trying to wake him up and by the time Stiles arrived she pulled away and Derek woke up. "Where is she" Derek asked them.

"Jennifer gone with Scott's mom" Stiles said. "She took her" Derek asked.

"Yeah, and if that's not enough of a kick to the balls Scott left with Deucalion okay so we gotta get you outta here the police are coming right now and we gotta get you outta here" Stiles said as Derek sat up. "Whoa what about Cora" Derek asked.

>>>

Derek pulled up to Allison and Argent getting out as Lyla got out with him. "Where's Scott and Stiles" Allison asked.

"Stiles is still at the hospital he's gonna hold off the cops for us" Derek said grabbing Cora. "We have to go right now" Issac said.

"What about Scott and Melissa" Argent asked as Lyla opened the back door for Derek, and he put Cora in the car with Isaac getting in beside her.

"Jennifer took Melissa" Derek said. "What about Scott" Allison asked as Lyla got in the passenger side and Derek ignored her. "Derek, where's Scott" Allison asked again and Derek sighed turning around.

>>>

Issac and Lyla were with Derek and Cora at his loft while Cora was laid down. "She's dying isn't she" Isaac asked. "I don't know" Derek said.

"So, what are you gonna do" Issac asked. "I don't know" Derek said. "Want to figure something out" Issac asked. "Issac" Lyla scolded him.

"Because while Scott and Stiles were out there trying to help people from being killed you were in here rolling around in the sheets with Lyla" Issac said and Lyla looked away while Derek glared at him.

"Do you get how many people she's killed" Issac asked referring to Jennifer.

"Erica and Boyd are dead" Issac said making Lyla shed a tear while holding onto the sleeve of her jacket that used to be Erica's which Derek noticed.

"Cora is dying and you are doing nothing why'd you do this to us Derek was it all about the power were you bored were you lonely" Issac asked.

"Maybe, I told Cora I wouldn't leave I'll help the others when I figure out how to help her" Derek said. "There's no time" Isaac yelled.

"The full moon's coming the sheriff and Mellissa are gonna be dead so I'm gonna try and help them you can sit here and perfect the art of doing nothing" Issac said leaving.

"You gonna leave too" Derek asked Lyla. "No, no of course not I rather stay here with you and make sure Cora is okay" Lyla said, and he smiled kissing her while she kissed back.

Derek pulled away pulling Lyla to his side while they watched Cora. "I wouldn't take it personally" Peter said.

"Anger is just a tool he's using it to excuse shifting allegiance from one alpha to another from you to Scott" Peter said.

"Scott's not an alpha yet" Derek said. "But he's on his way isn't he" Peter asked.

>>>

Derek grabbed Cora's hand taking her pain as much as he could breathing heavily, and he pulled away once she was okay for a little while.

"Careful" Peter said. "Don't worry I know going too far could kill me" Derek said.

"That's not exactly what I meant" Peter said and Lyla looked at him from the wall.

>>>

"I've heard it's only something only an alpha can do and with good reason" Peter said. "Which is" Derek asked.

"You know normal wolves never abandon an injured member of the pack they care for it they bring it food from a kill and then regurgitate it into the mouth of the injured wolf they even get a physical and emotional comfort by intensely grooming it in a way they can do more than just ease pain they can be instrumental in healing their own" Peter said.

"If you're trying to tell me that I can save her, just tell me" Derek said. "I'm telling you I've heard it's possible" Peter said. "How" Lyla asked.

"It's that spark of power that makes you an alpha when you take her pain, she draws on the power that provides you with those special gifts the power that heightens your senses your strength the power that transforms your body as an alpha you have that bit of extra that spark intensifies the color of your eyes from a bright yellow into a searing red" Peter said.

"If I can save her" Derek said. "If, if I didn't say it works every time it could just as easily kill you" Peter said.

"How do I do it by taking her pain" Derek asked. "And then some because there's a cost" Peter said.

>>>

Derek walked over to Cora before Peter stopped him. "I can understand not seeing a downside to this as you haven't exactly been alpha of the year but think about what else you'd be losing" Peter said.

"I don't care about power not anymore" Derek said. "What about the power to fight back correct me if I'm wrong but Kali's ultimatum still stands the full moon is tomorrow night and if you couldn't beat her as an alpha how do you think you're gonna fare as a beta" Peter asked.

"I don't care" Derek said. "What if this was exactly what Jennifer was hoping for, she would know the only way for you to save Cora would be giving up your power maybe that's what she was gonna have you do at the hospital" Peter said.

"Why" Derek asked. "So that you wouldn't be able to face the alphas without her she wants you to come to her it's all part of her little scheme when she tried to get you to dump Lyla and be with her and she is still manipulating you she needs you on her side" Peter said.

>>>

"You don't know where it is, but Stiles said you been there" Lydia said.

"We have but after a few memorable experiences there Talia Derek's mother and my older sister decided that she didn't ever want us going back she knew how dangerous it was and took the memory of its location from us" Peter said.

"But then how are we supposed to find it" Lydia asked and Peter shrugged.

>>>

Derek, Peter, and Lyla were watching Cora as she struggled more. "It's gotta be now" Derek said. "I don't have a choice" Derek said. "You always have a choice" Peter told Derek. 

"It's whether or not you can live with the consequences facing Kali as a beta" Peter said.

"But it's not just a full moon coming it's a lunar eclipse we'll all be powerless" Derek said.

>>>

Lyla saw Derek was about to take Cora's pain resulting in most likely being a beta again but before he could Lyla ran to him making him face her while she gave him a long kiss feeling him kiss back.

Lyla pulled away no matter how bad she didn't want to. "Why'd you do that" Derek asked her.

"Just in case" Lyla said, and Derek smiled. "I love you" Derek told her. "I love you too" Lyla said and backed away as Derek grabbed Cora's hand taking her pain and then her eyes opened while Derek opened his looking at the ceiling where his red eyes turned blue.

Lex here don't forget to feel free to comment and ask questions.