Chapter Fifty-Two

I sat down at the table and started at the plate of food in front of me. I wasn't really hungry and I was just processing the fact that I had just been getting fucked the living shit out of.

Elijah was sitting at the table as well casually eating while talking to his aunt. I was just staring off into space because my brain felt like mush. I couldn't think or speak, much less walk.

I hadn't seen Adam, so that said what it needed to. Selena wasn't here either, Maria was here though.

I wonder did Gray really beat the shit out of Adam? I can see it happening, but let's be real. Gray wouldn't do it since that is his nephew. However, Adam did say he rather I kept being assaulted than help me.

Grayson definitely beat the shit out of him. If they ain't here that means he went to the hospital or something. Someone taps me bringing me out of my thoughts. It was my mom and she was staring at me concerned.

She holds my face in her hands and looks into my eyes. I brush her off gently because she probably thought I was high on coke again.

"Ma, stop I'm not," I said.

"We have been trying to talk to you and you're not responding," she says.

"Sorry, I'm just tired."

She squints her eye at me and she looks me up and down. I roll my eyes at her and try to eat. Gray walks past us and into the kitchen and I get up. I get my plate and head to the kitchen. I put my plate on the counter and watch as he gets his own plate.

"Sounded like your talk went well," he says.

"He's not mad anymore," I mention.

I got closer to him and he tried to avoid me, is he being serious? My heart sank immediately and I know for a fact I was going to overthink everything right now. It's like I can't do anything right when it comes to either of them.

I don't even attempt to try again and I just leave him alone. I wasn't hungry, so I left my plate where it was. I  should have taken Val's offer and called it the end of my life. I'm sure I would have overdosed on that shit time ago.

I went back upstairs and stayed there until night came. These lot went out because I went downstairs again. It was silent and I checked the time. It was pushing ten pm. I searched around and I had no idea where everyone went.

I decided to check outside and there was someone outside smoking. I opened the door and peeked my head out to see. It smelled like weed and Adam turn to look at me. He had something over his nose, which told me his nose was broken.

I gasped and covered my mouth. I saw Rivan, I just couldn't see him at first.

"Don't say anything," Rivan warned.

"I wasn't going to, I just wanted to know where everyone is?"

"They went to some club and no not Elijah's club," he answers.

I stepped out and close the back door. Adam wasn't speaking and I looked at him. He looked like shit if I was being honest. He had a black eye as well, so Gray was serious. Rivan puts his arm out for me to take the blunt from him.

"I don't think my company is wanted," I hesitate.

"He got his ass beat for saying dumb shit, he's gonna have to deal with it. Sit down."

I stayed standing and wasn't keen on staying. Adam moved over on the lounge chair and I just took that as my sign. I sat down and it was slightly awkward. Adam passed his blunt and I took it from him.

Smoking and Snorting are two different types of things. I feel like smoking can be allowed because it's not hard as cocaine. I feel like this breaking my sobriety, but I was smoking at UCLA. It's calm, but those times I was clean clean.