Chapter Thirty-Seven

Elijah

One month later

We went back down to see Iris just as we told her. It had been a month and we all knew what the results would be. Every bag her mom found there was always another one to replace it.

She didn't want to do anything anymore. Grayson got out of the car and we walked up to the door knocking on it. We waited and the door opened.

Iris opened the door. She looked tired and slightly thinner. She wore a long hoodie and it was of Grays. She gave us a soft smile.

"Has it already been month?" She asked.

"Yeah Angel, it has," Gray said.

She sighs and lets us in. There was nobody inside of the house. It looked messy and we saw white powder residue. We didn't need to guess what it was. The tv was on and she was watching Family guy.

"The house is a mess, I know," she says.

She sat back down and collected what was on the table. She didn't dust it off, she just sniffed it rubbed her nose.

"Princess, you said a month. We gave you month."

She lays on the couch and doesn't say anything. She was slightly laughing. I peered down at her and my heart broke. This wasn't the same Iris I knew. This was completely someone else.

She didn't even care. She no longer sounded happy. She was just a empty shell. She wasn't even here.

"Where's your mom?"

"She's at work, she will be back in a few hours," she yawns.

Gray sat down on the left side and I sat on the right. She moved her body and rested her head on my lap. I didn't want to touch her just in case.

"I missed you guys, hey guess what?"

"You guys touch me, I don't get triggered," she smiles.

"Can you be touched without the drugs in your system?" Gray asked.

"Ugh, is that what your doing now? Gray out of all people, I at least thought you would be more relaxed maybe even a little," she scowls.

She sits up and rest her head back. She closes her and she wipes her noses sniffing. She opens them again and she looks towards Grayson.

"I said a month and I'm all better now," she assures.

I have a feeling she started doing something heavier or something else. She seemed to distorted for it to be cocaine. I grabbed her arm and pushed the sleeves up. She didn't have any track marks on her.

"I'm not doing heroin if that's what your looking for."

"What are else are you taking? Are doing pills?"

"No!" she exclaims.

"I'm not doing anything else."

She was lying. It was easy to tell when she she was lying. I didn't know how to help her. She preferred to be like this and it was obvious. We couldn't do anything for her.

"Remember when we used to lay on the couch and we just watched Power? Or when you guys had to do work I just laid there watching?" She reminisces.

"Yes, but we would prefer our old Iris instead of this Iris," Gray said.

"I'm the same Iris, there's nothing different," she whines.

"You aren't the same Iris, princess."

"Yes, I am. You guys are just being difficult. I have done everything I can. This the only thing that helps," she reasons.