t w e n t y - t h r e e

hiiiii guys - ok i just really like this picture of luke so thats all the explanation you need as to why i chose it...also its my 16th birthday yayayayay ily x.
____________________________________________________

Luke sits beside me again on the plane ride home, and Lily takes her original seat beside Calum. The couple looks happy, which is the opposite of what I want right now. I told her to tell him that she cheated, and she obviously hasn't.

"I'll be right back." I inform Luke, standing up and scooting across Luke's lap to get to the aisle. He grunts in discomfort as my butt shimmies past him, but I only chuckle and continue on.

It takes only a few steps to get to the inside aisle that Lily sits in, but it takes a whole lot of convincing and death glares to get her to agree to join me in the small bathroom. We have about ten minutes until take-off, so we have to make this quick.

"Listen." I say as I shut and lock the bathroom door, my voice hushed. "You have one more day to tell Calum, and after that I will."

"Why do you care about what I do so much? Leave me and my relationship alone." She snaps, her voice raised. I shush her and block the door before she can make a move.

"I care about Calum. A relationship is built on honesty, and he doesn't have that with you. If you can't be honest then you don't deserve him." I yank the tiny cubicle's door open and storm out, nearly knocking into an elderly man, leaving Lily behind in the bathroom.

I squish myself between Luke's protruding knees and the hard seat in front of them to get back into my own seat, where a glass of a fizzing drink waits for me. I smile at Luke and sip on it to find out it's a Sprite.

"Where did you go?" He asks, not bothering to look up as he scrolls through Twitter on his phone.

"I needed to talk to Lily, no biggie." I shrug. Before he can carry on a conversation, the pilot announces over the intercom that we will be taking off momentarily. The seatbelt sign flashes, so Luke and I strap ourselves in and adjust accordingly.

"I'm kind of sad that we have to leave so soon. I was kind of hoping we could get a few more days out here." Luke pouts, his lip ring jutting out.

"There's no need to keep us out here if they have a lead. Plus, now we can go ring shopping." I smirk. Luke leans towards me for a quick kiss before settling back into his seat for take-off.

-

It only takes a few seconds of silence among our group as we walk through the door to Michael and Calum's flat to realize that something feels off. Normally, the air conditioning makes a rumbling sound that always hangs around but never gets annoying, but the place is absolutely silent aside from the thumping of our shoes.

Luke grabs my accessorized hand and squeezes is tightly as we cautiously walk around the main space of the apartment.

Someone suddenly jumps out from around a corner and screams, causing my soul to leap out of my body. I clamp my hand over my mouth and stumble backwards into Luke, who grabs my shoulders to keep me from falling.

"You should have seen your faces!" A familiar voice laughs, their body doubled over in laughter. I puff out a breath I didn't realize I was holding and cross my arms.

"Not cool." Ashton grunts, his face still looking in a state of shock.

"Very cool." Maxine states, coming out of the shadows to greet us. "We came to see you when you got back and noticed the noise your air conditioning was making, so we got it fixed. Hope you don't mind."

"God, we thought someone was gonna kill us." Lily grumbles, her hand on her chest. "Is there a reason you're here?"

"There is, actually. We need Meredith, Luke, and Calum down at the prison. Jess wants to talk to you, and I think you could get some more info from her. You in?" Maxine explains, her thumb in her pocket as she talks.