f i f t e e n

SURPRISE UPDATE

ARE YOU SURPRISED

TYSM FOR OVER 300 READS ILY
_______________________________________

Calum shows up to his and Michael's place at half noon, just as Michael and I sit down together to eat sandwiches. Lily isn't with him, which is odd since they've been so attached lately, but he's wearing the same clothes as last night and is kind of dirty.

"Where have you been, mate?" Michael asks through a bite of his sandwich. Cal sits down with a long sigh, fixing his hair with his fingertips.

"I stayed with Luke. He was so angry that I thought he might go back there for round two." He explains. I tear my sandwich in half and hand one side to him, and he smiles gratefully.

"Is he okay?" I question with a bite of.my sandwich. Of course he's okay, this Luke I'm talking about, but as a concerned girlf- friend I need to ask.

"He's pretty good. He didn't get as good of a hit as you did though, holy shit." Cal exclaims with his hands in the air. "You seriously went flying."

"I haven't heard that before." I mutter sarcastically.

"Seriously, though, are you alright? He could have broken your jaw."

"I'm fine, oh my gosh." I roll my eyes and he chuckles.

I finish off my sandwich and stand up.

"I'm gonna go see Luke. Thanks for letting me stay here, Mikey." I smile, slipping my feet into my shoes.

"I'll drive you." Calum offers, following in my footsteps and putting his shoes on.

-

To say Luke got a little scratch would be an understatement. His eye is swollen shut, bottom lip busted, and a large bruise covers half of his forehead. I gently rub my hands down his face, inspecting each injury.

"Why did you do that, Luke?" I ask quietly, my hands dropping to my sides.

"He's an asshole and he needs to learn that it's not okay to treat a girl like that." Luke mumbles. "Plus, he's thirty-something and hitting on a nineteen year-old."

"Luke-"

"No, Mere, you don't get it. I don't like any guys - especially pedophiles - hitting on you. It makes me feel like there's ice in my stomach and fire in my brain. I don't know what it is but it makes me feel horrible inside and I hate it."

I keep my mouth shut and lower myself onto the couch. He sits down beside me and sighs loudly, not saying a word for a moment. A moment turns into minutes.

"I think I like you."

"What?" I gasp, turning to face him so quickly that my back cracks in a hundred different places.

"Please don't make me say it again, it was hard enough to build up enough courage to say it once." Luke pleads with an adorable pout.

Despite my usual shyness, I cup both of his cheeks in my hands and hold his face inches in front of mine. He bites the side of his lip that isn't busted and swollen and stares into my eyes with his one usuable eye. And, besides the fact that we both look a mess, I find this to be one of our best moments.

"I think I like you, too."

-

Later on, after eating dinner and watching a few movies I hardly paid attention to - I mean who would, a hot blonde was sitting right beside me - Luke and I crawl into bed together and snuggle up on top of the thick covers. The room is hot, which is unusual since the air conditioning is almost always on. Maybe it's the fact that I suddenly find myself feeling so flustered around Luke.

"Your eye is still swollen." I whisper, gently running my thumb over his puffy eye. He gives me a small smile and puts his hand over mine, holding it against his cheek.

"The swelling went down, though. I can finally see your beautiful face." He chuckles. I giggle and bury my face in his chest, unable to hide the heat rushing to my cheeks.

"Stop that."

"I will never stop complimenting you. I read on Twitter that in order to have a healthy relationship you have to be honest with each other." Luke explains with a smirk.

"Smooth."

"I know."

We lay in comfortable silence for a long time. Neither of us fall asleep, but we don't make a noise either. Until Luke breaks the silence, of course.

"We should make out."

I raise my eyebrows at him and make face. Not a disgusted one, but a surprised one.

"We aren't even officially together." I poiny out. He groans and rolls on top of me, crushing my ribs and everything else.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" He asks.

I stare at him for a long time, forcing him to wait for my answer with suspense. He doesn't say a word as he waits, just stares at me with an impatient look.

"No." I finally say. He opens his mouth to say something but nothing come out. But even if he were to say something, I cut him off. "That wasn't romantic enough. You can try again tomorrow."

______________________________________

Whoops it's short idc fIGHT ME