f o u r t e e n

IF YOU'VE READ MY STORY THIS FAR PLEASE VOTE SO I KNOW WHO ACTUALLY LIKES IT - IT ONLY TAKES A SECOND TO PRESS THE LITTLE STAR SO PLS DO

_______________________________________

Lily, Calum, and I sit squeezed into one side of a booth seat while Ashton and Michael sit on the other, chatting away. I'll admit that while I'm happy Calum and Lily found each other, it's annoying having to be squeezed into a seat with them. Ashton and Michael refused to let me share with them, saying it would get too crowded. Assholes.

"Your little stubble is so adorable, all three hairs." Lily taunts, earning a groan from Calum. I internally groan.

"Quit being all cutesy-cuddly and peel yourselves off of each other, good Lord." I roll my eyes dramatically and smack my hands against the table.

"Please." Michael adds, covering his face with his hands. At least he's on the same page as me.

"If you and Luke would get your shit together and actually become a thing, you'd understand." Calum defends, taking his arm back from around Lily's shoulders and crossing them.

"Seriously, he needs to put on some big boy pants and ask you out." Lily adds. I groan and hide my face in my hands.

"Shut up, we don't like each other that way. It'll never happen."

"Are you blind, Meredith? Or stupid? Maybe both?" Ashton cries suddenly. To be honest I forgot he's there.

"No. Now be quiet, he should be on any time now." I hush the four and move my attention to the low stage towards the front of the bar.

Luke ended up getting the job as a performer here, and everyone agreed to clear their schedules to come watch his first performance - not that we're ever busy anyway.

I watch as Luke takes a high step onto thes stage with his guitar handing down his back. He sits down on the stool and adjusts the microphone, causing a loud shriek to blast through the speakers.

"Sorry!" He shouts awkwardly, quickly fixing the issue before clearing his throat.

"He looks nervous." Michael comments. "Do you think he'll actually go through with this?"

"Of course he will. This is Luke we're talking about." Cal states.

"Hello everyone, I'm Luke Hemmings. I'm gonna play and sing four songs for you tonight. Feel free to boo me off the stage, it won't hurt my feelings." Luke jokes, laughter rippling through the crowd of people. Because it's a Friday evening a lot of people are here for dinner or for early drinks.

He starts off with a few seconds of only the guitar before he begins singing. I've never heard him sing before except in the shower once, but his voice was drowned out by the water and the door separating us.

By the end of the first song I can tell he's getting used to singing in front of a crowd. He started off a bit shakily and was off pitch a few times, but nobody boo'ed which eased him a bit.

During the second song he gains a bit more confidence and doesn't mess up as much. A few times we meet each other's gazes and he'll wave. I wave back.

His performance is over before I know it and I'm definitely disappointed. His voice makes me feel so happy and peaceful. He's more talented than I thought.

A few minutes after his performance ends he joins us at our table, squeezing in on Michael and Ashton's side of the table.

"Dude you did so good!" Ash cheers, reaching across Michael to high five Luke. Luke smiles so brightly that he can't help but show his teeth.