n i n e t e e n

a/n: i'm almost at 700 reads ily guys so much

Right when I get to Calum's place, all hell breaks loose.

Inside his living room, reclined on the tattered and worn couch, lay Ashton and Michael. And right when Calum and I step through the door into the warm room, it's like we're right back in Maxine's office being interrogated.

"What the hell happened to Luke?" Ashton asks right away, standing up so quickly he bumps into the glass coffee table. A coaster slides off the surface and lands on Michael's foot, who also stood up in nervousness, but he hardly acknowledges it. With a small jerk of his foot, the coaster rolls under the couch.

"He's fine, he just got shot in the shoulder." Calum states. He steps out of his shoes and kicks them to the side.

"Shot? Cal, you didn't tell me he got shot! You said minor injuries." Michael shouts, tossing his hands in the air.

"We didn't want you guys to worry." Calum whines. "This is what I was trying to avoid."

"We were bound to find out anyway!" Michael scoffs. Ashton nods and crosses his arms angrily.

"Ok, you're right, sorry. But we had other things to take care of." I sigh, taking a seat on the couch. I let my bag of essentials fall to the floor.

"Like what?"

"Like being interrogated so the cops can catch whoever shot Luke." Calum suggests with raised eyebrows.

"We know exactly who's behind this, but we can't do anything until there is actual evidence. So far we only have what Luke remembers, which doesn't do much." I add quietly. Ashton and Michael look at me expectantly, waiting for me to tell them who did this.

I take a deep breath.

"Do you remember Nick? The guy who from the bar who tried to like, rape me?" I ask, them nodding in return. "He and my ex-bestfriend, Jess, are after us. I don't even know why."

"Apparently Jess is really into Luke and Nick is really into Meredith, though. I think they're trying to break you guys up so they can have each of you to themselves." Calum shrugs. "It makes sense."

"Oh yeah, you and Luke are official now, right?" Ashton smirks, changing the subject. I blush and nod, earning a loud whoop from Michael.

"It's about time!" He shouts, grabbing me by my shoulders and giving me a shake. I laugh and grab his arms to steady myself.

For the rest of the night, the four of us try and forget all of the drama happening and play videogames, even though I suck at pretty much all of them.

When the clock hits two in the morning, Michael and Ashton call it a night and head home, leaving Calum and I alone in his surprisingly-clean apartment.

"I'm gonna head up to bed." Calum stretches his arms wide, his shirt riding up and revealing a bit of his stomach.

"I'm coming with you." I rush my words, afraid he'll tell me I can take the couch or something. "I don't want to be by myself."

"Aw, is wittle Mewedith scared?" Calum teases with a small smile.

"You would be too if Lily got shot and ended up in the hospital." I argue.

"True. Let's go, I'm tired."

-

Even though I feel physically tired, I can't fall asleep. Every creak and groan of the building startles me, making me think someone else is in the flat.