e l e v e n

I wrap the last glass plate in some newspaper and place it in the box just as Luke walks in, phone placed against his ear.

"I'm serious, Ash! We're actually moving to that building." He pauses when Ashton speaks. "I know! It was so cheap that we had to buy it."

He notices me standing there and smiles. I smile back and continue to pack up the kitchen. This is the last room.

A moving truck and a moving crew have been helping us bring our furniture and belongings to the new flat all day. Even though Luke and I aren't officially together, I'm excited to move in with him. This is also the best way to watch over him and keep Jess away from him. I don't need him to find out why I'm here.

"Yeah, you guys can stop by later." Luke says over the phone. "Bye."

Luke hangs up the phone and slides it back into his pocket, then turns to me with the biggest smile on his face.

"Ready to go?"

-

We pull up to the new building across town in the moving truck, Luke's couch and bed in the back with the last of our boxes. This apartment has three bedrooms, so we're planning on using one as a guest bedroom to be able to keep Luke's old bedroom set.

"Were you serious about getting a cat?" Luke asks, parking the truck in front of the door. I shrug.

"I was half serious. I'm more of a dog person but it's hard to have one with no yard."

"I like cats. We're getting one as soon as we're moved in." He states. I raise my eyebrows but don't say anything else. A smaller van pulls up behind us and a few movers step out and open the back of our truck.

I help out by bringing some of the boxes up, but I mostly just direct people to where the things go. My arms and legs aren't built to do much more than that.

Once everything is inside the new apartment and the furniture is in place, I begin to unpack boxes and organize everything. Luke and I's different dishes totally clash, mine glass or crystal and his brightly colored, but I don't feel like spending a ton of money to have matching dishes.

"Do you want me to do the bedroom, Mere?" Luke suggests, leaning against the counter beside me. I reach up and set a stack of crystal cups onto a shelf.

"Sure, that's fine."

"Why do you seem so anxious? Everything's fine, Mere. There's nothing to worry about." Luke wraps his arms around me in a warm hug. I hug him back and bury my face in his chest.

"I know." I lie. Truth is, I'm worried that Jess will find a way to ruin me. She's smart, she'll eventually figure out where Luke and I live. I just hope it isn't any time soon.

"Great. The guys will be here soon, so I'm gonna get going on the rest of the house. They're bringing chinese." Luke informs me before stepping away from me and heading upstairs to the bedroom.

This new apartment has two floors, which is more convenient for space. All three bedrooms and a full bathroom are upstairs while the kitchen, living room, amd another full bathroom are on the first floor. The rooms are pretty spacious, definitely bigger than the rooms in our old apartments.

A knock on the door interrupts my thoughts. I enter the living room and open the door, revealing three familiar boys and a familiar girl. And that girl is holding Calum's hand. Ashton holds a big white bag filled with what I assume is the chinese food.

"So you and Calum, huh?" I nudge Lily eith my elbow as she enters the apartment, a smile taking shape on her lips when I do so. She blushes and continues into the apartment, following Calum as he looks around the place.

"This is nice." Michael compliments, walking around with Ashton to get a look. The place has a few windows that give off a nice beach view. I have never been to a beach, so I hope to go there soon.

"Do you guys want any food?" Ash asks, setting the bag down on the kitchen table. Everyone flocks to the food and I hand out plates.

Luke joins us after a few minutes and says hi to all of his friends before coming to stand beside me.

"What are you eating? It looks good." He inspects my plate before grabbing his own.

"Fried rice and some orange chicken."

"I think I'll get some of that."

Once Luke gets some food we meet everyone else in the living room and squeeze onto the couches. My couch and Luke's couch totally clash together, just like our dishes, but I don't mind.

-

Calum ends up getting lazy and not wanting to go home so we offer him our guest bedroom, which he accepts. Lily gets a ride home with Ashton since she has to work tomorrow. I get another day off to finish up the new place.

"I'm gonna take a shower, be right back." Luke informs us, standing from the couch and sauntering off to the bathroom upstairs.

"So," I begin, moving to sit beside Calum. "What's going on with you and Lily?"

He blushes and tries to hide his smile behind his hands. It's pretty adorable. I'll admit, if I wasn't so into Luke and Lily had never met Calum I would so go after this boy.

"I kinda sorta asked her out and she said yes. We went on a date yesterday." He admits shyly. I wonder what happened to Adam, I haven't seen him since I've been off work.

"Yeah? How did it go?"

"Fucking fantastic. She's amazing." He breathes. "We're going out somewhere fancy tomorrow, but I don't have anything fancy to wear. Can we go shopping tomorrow?"

"I guess, but I don't have a car." I state.

"Mine is still outside, we can take that."

"Alright then, it's settled. You are going to look fabulous on your date tomorrow." I squeal, the brightest smile on my face. To say I'm excited is an understatement; I love dressing people up.

________________________________________

VOTE

AND

COMMENT

AND

FOLLOW

ALSO READ ESCAPE BY cashewxbae BC SHES BAE AND IM IN IT GO READ AND VOTE AND STUFF

ILY BYE X