s e v e n

"Meredith I swear to God if you don't open this door..."

Luke is annoying as shit.

All morning he's been knocking on my door and trying to call me. Can't he tell I don't want to talk to him right now?

Because I need the money to pay for food and rent, I cashed in my checks yesterday on the way home from work. At least my parents think of me a little bit and care about my survival.

The only reason they send me checks is so they can boast to their friends and family about how well I'm doing in Australia. They probably clink their expensive wine glasses together and toast to their great lives. The thing is, though, no one but my parents and Jessica know that my parents just wanted me out of the house for good.

One rumor about smoking pot and suddenly your parents hate you more than bankrupcy.

I can't say I blame Luke for assuming I'm one of the rich kids. He did see how much money I received in the mail. But he doesn't know the real reason behind why those checks even came to my mailbox.

"Meredith whatever-your-middle-name-is Bear, if you don't open this door I will go down to Dan and ask him for the spare key."

I whip one of my converse at the door and it makes a huge bang, which I didn't expect. I'm sure he didn't either due to the squeal I hear in the hallway.

I push away the feeling of laughter and continue to stir the pasta shells in the boiling water.

"That's it." He grumbles, barely audible due to the distance and the door between us. I assume that he's gone, so I take to moving one of my sofas in front of the door. It's extremely heavy and hard to move due to the carpeting, so he shouldn't be able to get in.

The pasta shells get soft so I drain the water in the sink and then stir in the cheese powder. I pour the delicious shells into a bowl and take it to my room, not even waiting to sit down before taking a bite.

It isn't long before I hear Luke cursing in the hallway when he can't get my door open. I smile and keep eating, not bothering to waste my time telling him it's no use.

He bangs on the door a few times before giving up. I hear the door to his apartment slam shut, probably disturbing all of the neighbors.

I can't help but let out a laugh.

A few moments later his name flashes on my phone screen.

From: Lukey-Pukey

Why r you ignoring meeeeee:(

To: Lukey-Pukey

Bc you're annoyingggggg

A few moments later he replies again.

From: Lukey-Pukey

I'm sorry for what i said, let me in

To: Lukey-Pukey

No can do, theres a couch in the way

I toss my phone onto my bed and stand, deciding to attempt to move the couch back to where it belongs. If he's really sorry, he'll come back over.

I dump the dirty dishes into the sink on my way to the living room. When I try to move the couch it hardly budges. Eventually it gets to it's original spot, covering up a mysterious green stain that I noticed when I moved in.

I take a seat and turn on the TV, letting Spongebob Squarepants occupy my time until Luke decides to show.

It's not very long until he comes charging through the door.

"Oh thank God, I thought the couch would still be there." He sighs, running his fingers through his hair. It doesn't look like he styled it today.

I raise my eyebrows and cross my arms, waiting for him to get down on his knees and beg for my forgiveness.

"Look, Mere, I'm sorry for going through your mail. I was checking if Nick sent you anything, considering he knows your address. Then I got curious who Jeffrey and Barbara were and couldn't resist opening the envelopes." Luke rambles quickly, taking a seat beside me in the process. He takes my small hands in his large ones, causing butterflies to erupt in my stomach.

"I don't want to lose you." He whispers.

"Luke, I-"

I pause when his baby blue eyes meet my green ones, my nerves jittering from being so close to him.

"-I forgive you."

___________________________________________

SORRY THE CHAPTERS ARE SO SHORT NOW I DON'T WANT TO BE RAMBLING FOREVER JUST TO MAKE THEM LONGER OK BUT I UPDATE PRETTY FREQUENTLY SO THAT MAKES UP FOR IT RIGHT

ALSO YOU SHOULD FOLLOW ME TO BE NOTIFIED WHEN I UPDATE OK THX

VOTE AND COMMENT ALSO

LUV U

xx