Minimaru!

Fuyuhikos pov

I sat at the dining table with everyone else in silence. Normally I wouldn't arrive so early but hajime needs me. He lost someone important to him last night. He was there for me when I lost peko and when kazuichi was sick. It's about time I repayed my dept to him.

Hajime stared at his food in silence. He hadn't touched to since I placed it in front of him half an hour ago.

"you gotta eat kid" I tried to be as gentle as possible "you'll need your strength to explore the last island"

"ok" he nodded as he picked up a fork "thanks kuzuryu"

"just call me fuyuhiko. We're friends aren't we" I muttered awkwardly.

"ok thanks fuyuhiko" for the first time since last night he gave me a genuine smile "say where's kazuichi. You two are usually together aren't you?"

"tch lazy basturd is probably sleeping in" I grumbled.

"hey who are you calling lazy!" we all turned around to see kazuichi with his hands behind his back, beaming with excitement.

"there you are" Owari put him in a headlock and ruffled his hair "jeez I can't believe you slept in you doofiz! We were worried about you little dude"

"I wasn't sleeping in" kazuichi argued "in fact I was up all night working" working?

"what the hell were you doing that took you all night" I glared at him. The last thing I need is to worry about him too!

"perhaps he was trying to beat his high score in crash bandicoot" Nanami muttered thoughtfully.

"only you would do that my dear" nevermind hugged her close.

Kazuichi wiggled out of owaris grasp and proudly showed off a tiny robot

"this is minimaru!" he explained "I made him out of nekumarus scraps. That way a piece of him can be with us forever"

"wow so cute!" Owari snatched the toy out of his hands "thanks little dude. I'll take real good care of him"

"ok. I made him for everyone but that's fine I guess" he laughed nervously.

I smiled at him. Just like that he was able to make everyone smile again. He really is amazing...

It's no wonder I fell in love with him.