Losing Nekumaru

Kazuichis pov

I wiped the beads of sweat from my forehead. Right now the body discovery announcement had played and we need a way to get to grape house so I'm fixing the elevator so we can help the others with the investigation.

The fact that nagito had a dangerous tool on him dose make me nervous but I guess I should be grateful. Now I can fix the elevator no problem!

"whew" I stood up with a sigh. All finished. Now I can finally put my skills to good use! "everyone the elevators finished!"

"good job kid" fuyuhiko and the others came up, looking relieved "now let's get going"

"what about the lucky one?" gundam asked.

"forget about that guy!" fuyuhiko spat "come on let's hawl ass already!"

Reluctantly we stepped into the elevator.

*time skip*

We stepped out of the Elevator and was greeted by the residents of grape house but one face stood out in particular.

"nagito!"

"ah how nice of you all to finally arrive" he looked bored, so unlike the crazy guy we've come to know "now move it already. We still have to investigate nekumarus corpse"

"nekumaru?" I turned around to see nekumarus broken body.

I stared at it in disbelief. Someone as kind, caring and brave as nekumaru was laying dead and broken at our feet.

"hic" I let out a sob for my fallen friend. Everyone looked at me pityfully but nagito was less than forgiving.

"nows no time for tears" he roughly threw a wrench at me. I fumbled a few times before catching it "mikans no longer here so we're going to need to rely on you for the uptopsy. Now pop it open will you" 

"you can't expect him to do that" hajime yelled at him.

"why not?" nagito asked bitterly "he's the ultimate mechanic isn't he? Besides it's about time kazuichi made use of himself-" he was cut off by fuyuhiko slamming him against a wall.

"how about you shut your fucking mouth before I make you!"

"really and what are you going to do? Shoot me?" he said smugly.

"maybe I will-"

"that's enough!" I cut them both off "it's ok. I'll check nekumarus body"

"hey Kazzy" fuyuhiko gently placed a hand on my shoulder "you don't have to feel pressured to do anything"

"no it's fine. I want to do this" I forced a smile "nekumaru was my friend. I want to find out who killed him!"

"I want to know too" akane looked at me with tears in her eyes "please kazuichi help us find who killed coach nekumaru!"

"I will akane" I nodded before taking a deep breath and stepping towards nekumarus body.

I sorry nekumaru but I have to do this. I won't rest until I find out who killed you!