Trying to Bond

Fuyuhikos pov

I gingerly touched my stomach in annoyance. Tch so fucking stupid. Did I really think that would make things better? Yet again I caused trouble for everyone.

"Fuyu" I looked up to see none other than kazuichi souda.

He took a seat opposite me. I raised an eyebrow. I always had a feeling he didn't like me. So why's he willingly taking the time out of his day to visit me.

"I'm.. glad to see you're doing better" he teared up slightly.

"wha-are you crying?" I muttered in disbelief.

"of course I am!" he yelled as tears streamed down his cheeks "what the hell were you thinking? That killing yourself would make everything better. Then what would peko and mahiru have died for? Stupid stupid stupid!"

I stared at him in disbelief. This guys breaking down at the thought of me dying. It's kinda touching honestly.

"I'm sorry" I muttered awkwardly "god I didn't expect it to upset you so bad. I just wanted to make everything right"

"then you should live" he looked up at me with determined eye "live and fight along with the rest of us. Who cares who forgives you and who doesn't. Just keep fighting. That's all any of us could ask for"

My jaw dropped at his words. I always thought that he was a coweredly dumbass who talked big shit but he really is a kindly boy.

Too kind.

"thank you souda" I said gratefully "I'm glad you came to visit me"

"no problem" he said brightly "I could come visit you more if you like"

"no need. I don't plan to stay here very long" I muttered.

"you better not be pushing yourself Fuyuhiko" he placed his hands on his hips "if you are I'll drag you back to this hospital myself if I have to!"

"quit treating me like a fucking kid!"

"quit acting like one then!"

I sighed. The way he's nagging me.. He really is a like a second peko. It's not that bad though...

At least she's still here in a way.