Calming Him

Fuyuhikos pov

I wrapped my arm around kazuichis waist as we returned to the group. I knew he was scared but a full blown panic attack? Scared the shit out of me. I don't know what I would have done if anything happened to him.

"how are you feeling kid?" I asked softly.

"a little shaky but not too bad" he smiled weakly "thank you for taking care of me"

"hey it was my pleasure kid. I just wish I could have been more in control" I muttered guiltily "The last thing you needed was me freaking out"

"don't be so hard on yourself fuyu. It's not everyday you deal with a panic attack. I sure anyone else would have acted the same" he said reassuringly.

"just recovering from a panic attack and still trying to act like my goddamm therapist" I chuckled to myself "you really are something special"

"it makes me happy that you think that" he beamed. He was still pale and shaky but I could tell he was doing better. That's a relief.

We finally regrouped with the others. Hinata was about to complain about us taking so long when they saw kazuichi and froze.

"souda-san are you ok?" nevermind asked worriedly.

"I'm fine. I just had a small panic attack" he explained.

"that's not exactly something small" hinata muttered "kazuichi are you sure you're ok?"

"I'm fine" he nodded firmly "I freaked out a little cause of what Monokuma said but I'm all better now and ready to help" he took a step forward.

"oh no you don't" Owari stopped him "you health important and a scrawny little dude like you can't be pushing yourself too hard. So you just chill here with baby gangster-"

"da fuck did you just call me!"

"and we'll sort everything out" she smiled brightly.

"but-"

"kazuichi please don't fight with us" nidai said gently "like akane said your mental health is important. Give your body time to rest and trust in us to find a way out of here"

"o-ok" he sunk to his knees sadly.

"please take care of him fuyuhiko" nevermind whispered to me.

"of course I will" I nodded. She nodded back greatfully before running off with the others.

I turned to kazuichi. He was hugging his knees like some sad puppy who'd just been kicked. I guess that's how he's feeling. Despite how understanding everyone was he probably feels like he let them all down.

I sighed and pulled him into a hug. Slowly he broke down into tears. I rocked him gently in my arms.

Now we wait.