Panic Attack

Kazuichis pov

I ran down the hallway as my heart thumped loudly in my chest. My ears were ringing like bells and the room was spinning. It took me a while to realise it but I was having a panic attack.

I tripped over my own feet and fell flat on my face. All at once my breathing went out of control. I tried to stand up but I immediately fell to my knees.

After a few failed attempts I lay ageinst the wall, clutching my chest as tears formed in my eyes. My heavy breathing and my heartbeat was the only thing I could hear. My whole body was wrapped up in panic and dread. I couldn't think. I couldn't breathe. All I could do was...

"kazuichi!" I heard a muffled voice. I blinked a couple of times to see a blurry fuyuhiko.

"I-I" I tried to speak but I kept choking back on my tears.

"hey hey take it easy kid. I got you" he said in a panicky tone I've never heard fuyuhiko use "fuck what do I do!"

I hated seeing my only friend worry like this. Damnit kazuichi why do you have to be so useless! It's no wonder no one likes you-

My thoughts were cut off by fuyuhiko pulling me into his chest. His heartbeat, the feeling of his hand running through my hair. Just like that I felt myself relax into his arms.

"thank you" I muttered softly as my breathing finally slowed down.

"no problem kid" he stroked my hair softly "I'm right here"

I clung to his shirt, fearing that if I let go he'd disappear forever.