Watching Over Him

Fuyuhikos pov

I took him gently by the hand as I led him to his bedroom. I probably shouldn't be touching him since he could be contagious but fuck it! Right now that kid needs me.

"ok here's your bed kiddo" I muttered softly "you should get some rest"

"mmm but being alone makes me sad" he said tearfully "can't I just stay with you Mr kuzuryu. I promise I won't get in your way"

I sighed. This kid really makes it hard for me to say no "ok how about this. I'll stay with you until you fall asleep. Will that be ok?"

"oh that will be perfect!" he said happily as he curled up in bed.

I took a seat opposite him. He cuddled under the covers, giggling to himself. I sighed. He's like an excited puppy!

"how's your fever doing?" I asked in an attempt to pass the time.

"oh it's not too bad. I still feel really warm though" he muttered thoughtfully "hey fuyu am I going to die, like that bear said"

"absolutely not" I said firmly "I won't let anyone hurt you. Those basturd are going to have to get through me first!" I refuse to lose another person I care about.

"that's a relief. I'm not ready to die yet. Not until I help my daddy out of our financial situation and live a life I can be proud of. I can't do either of those things stuck here" he looked away sadly.

So his family in a bad situation financially. I never realised how had the kid had it. He was always so bright and cheerful. He's alot stronger than I gave him credit for.

"zzz"

I looked up to see that he had fallen asleep. I chuckled to myself. That was quick!

I smiled as I ran my hand through his soft, poofy hair "night kid" I muttered before getting up and going back to my cottage.