Chapter 48

LISA

"I'm asking again. Do you understand it?" I feel her breath on me and take in her intense, elegant scent. Nevertheless, I try to stay calm and not let my growing nervousness show.

"Yes, Ms. Kim." I reply shortly and turn to go, but was immediately pulled back by her.

"You probably haven't. I didn't say you could go." She growls, brushing her lip against the corner of my mouth as she pulls me even closer.

"Don't get that close, boss." I push myself slightly away from her and put some distance between us.

"You don't decide that." She counters and it feels like it would never work that way. Not her in the position and I as an employee or rather as her representative. She's just as stubborn and I think too in love with her current job as I am.

"Listen, I absolutely don't want to start any stress here or anything, but I'd like to get back to my work, but you're stopping me." I say as carefully as possible. Unfortunately, she doesn't take it so well because she storms towards me, pushes me against the desk and cups my chin with her strong hand. She hasn't changed at all, not even a little.

"Stop that right now. Cut it out, Ms. Manoban." I look at her questioningly, whereupon she laughs deeply. "You know exactly what I mean. You're frustrated because this job should actually be yours, only now I'm here and your new boss. You don't have to play the tough woman." It offends me that she says that. I really want to go back to work.

"I. Only. Want. To. Go. Back. To. Work. Now let go of me!" With that I push her away from me as best I can and storm furiously out of the office into mine, where I first let out a loud scream.

"Everything alright?" Eunwoo and Mina storm in shortly after.

"Yes. No. I don't know." I grab my hair and walk around the office in disarray.

"What happened then?" They both hold me and lead me to the sofa, which is in front of a large window.

"The new boss is an aloof, conceited, dominant asshole!" I shout it out and I don't give a shit if she hears me or not. She wouldn't change my mind anytime soon, after all these years.

"What exactly happened, Lisa? We can't follow you." Eunwoo is right, so I'll start telling from the beginning, skipping any of our erotic activities of course.

"Oh, you. But it sounds so hot. Especially our mommy is hot." Eunwoo enthuses. I roll my eyes annoyed and hit him lightly on the upper arm.

"What? It's facts." Yes, she still looks good, but her insides are awful.

"How about, you calm down and sit back. Maybe work will take your mind off things and tonight we'll go to our bar and have a drink. What do you think?" Mina brings in, which I think is a great idea.

"See you later then!" With that, I kick them out of my office and get to work. I check all of our bar and resort locations to make sure everything is in order.

In the evening I finally finish work and I can't get changed beforehand because my friends have already texted me because I'm late as always. So I quickly run to the bar, which is around the corner from the company, and find the two right in the crowd at the bar table.

"Here too, the queen." Eunwoo teases me, already sipping his Gin Topic.

"A bourbon. Thanks." I ask Namjoon, our bartender. I've known him since I've worked in the company. When he puts the drink down for me, I pour it all the way down my throat, as it's my only way out of today's relaxation.

"Another one?" I nod, but enjoy the glass of bourbon this time.

"I didn't even know there was a staff meeting here." Someone all too familiar clears their throat behind my back.

"Oh, Ms. Kim. But you weren't invited." I joke, but unusually I don't get a dark look from her.

"Lovely, like this morning." She comments and says hello to my friends, they're almost drooling. I give them light kicks against their legs, whereupon they turn away directly. I'm not jealous, but what they do is just wrong, you know.

"Have you been spreading bad rumors about me, Ms. Manoban?" She leans towards me and the hairs on the back of my neck stand up directly. It's either the alcohol or she really still has that kind of effect on me.

"Never." I reply without even turning to her. Instead, I feel her hand on my arm, pulling me from my seat.

"Maybe you could show me the bars that the company owns? I haven't had a chance to see them yet." I grab the bourbon on the way before showing her around the corners of the place.

"You know, how about if you don't want that from me after work? I just wanted to relax a bit." Now I remember turning to her and being confronted directly with her emerald green eyes. Her lips are slightly pursed as if she is smiling. Or am I imagining it...

"How about you stop talking against me and start working with me, little one?" Her hand wanders a little lower from my arm and with that she pulls me towards her. I stumble against her chest, but I don't lose sight of her.

"How about you let go of me?" This deep and dewy laugh escapes her.

"How about if you-"

A clearing of the throat drives us apart.

"Lisa, I don't want to disturb you, but the supplier has just canceled the further tours, we need a replacement."

Damn it. Everything happens when I don't have to work...

"I take care of it. If you'll excuse me." With that, I hand my boss the glass and exit the noisy bar to make some phone calls.