Chapter 1

LISA

I wake up drenched in sweat, but not with fear, but with excitement. With a jolt I throw my thick blanket off the bed and enjoy the pleasant coolness on my bare skin. It was just a dream, Lis. For the fourth time I have had an erotic dream about my new literature and art teacher since she came to our school a month ago.

I tentatively feel my way down to my center just to feel the evidence of my complete arousal. Mmm... that feels fantastic! However, I immediately dismiss the thought and quickly withdraw my hand, disgusted with myself. I would never allow myself to masturbate while thinking about Ms. Kim. Not just because she's my teacher and it would be a crime anyway, but much more because I'm already taken.

I decide not to give Ms. Kim any more thoughts and grab my bathrobe from the chair next to my bed as I get up. A glance at the clock tells me that it's only half past five. Yawning, I put on my robe and go to my own bathroom to get ready.

After completing my morning routine, it's still not even six in the morning. I go back to my room and stand in front of my large mirror to undo my braided hair. My medium-length, dark hair is wavy and subtly tousled. I quickly put on one of my black oversize shirts with a print and my khaki high waist. Once again I look at myself from head to toe and have to smile. I love this subtly wild and casual look.

For once, I have time to make breakfast for my mother. Most of the time she's already on her way to her law office. Before I even step out of my room, she looks at me in surprise when she comes into the kitchen in her pants suit to see me making pancakes. I take a quick look at her perfect bun and her narrow face. Being Thai, she still looks in her mid to late twenties for her thirty-eight. I, on the other hand, inherited my father's round face.

"Second time you've made me breakfast this week. What have you done, honey?" My mother asked me skeptically before she ate four pancakes in a flash.

"I just couldn't sleep well and was up early, Mom." I just say without turning around as I feel a telltale blush shoot up my face.

"Shall I get you some sleeping pills from the pharmacy after work, Lis?" She asks worried, and I just wave my hand. Actually, she should know by now that I'm not a fan of unnecessary pills. The only one I take every day is the birth control.

(Me who hasn't any right to say anything since I need to take 4 pills and vitamins everyday. Mine are necessary sadly. 👁👄👁)

Ten minutes later my mother has already disappeared and there is a deathly silence. I hate silence so much sometimes, and it got worse after my sister Jisoo left college two years ago. 

Finally I decide to just drive to school so I'm not all alone, even though my friends won't be at school for an hour at the earliest. I get in my yellow Mini-cooper and drive off, and while I still drive through Blue Hole Park and City Park, I'm still at school in less than fifteen minutes. 

It's now quarter past seven when I enter Riverblossom Hills High School and there are only a few there. Some reading on the stairs, others hang out in their clubs, and still more hanging out at blue flags with an eagle on it saying "Go Eagles!", it's something to remind everyone of the upcoming start of the football season. 

I stroll up the steps to the second floor, into the art room. I was disappointed to find out that the air conditioners were turned off. Instead, the windows are wide open and I can hear some students outside. Four people - the nerds - are already in the classroom and discussing about some competition at the school, which doesn't interest me at all. 

I sit down in my seat on the window side, in the first row, and dig my Macbook out of my bag. I watch the door as I put a pair of headphones in my left ear. This place is very practical because I have a perfect view of the door from here and would immediately notice when a teacher comes in because the tables are set up in a U-shape. Unconsciously, my thoughts review the first encounter with Ms. Kim.