Chapter 16

JENNIE

What was that sweet little girl doing alone on that little street at 2 a.m.? I wonder as I make her a fennel aniseed tea with honey and watch her sit cross-legged, lost in thought. Especially with what she wears. She really is tired!

She hasn't said a word since we arrived in my loft five minutes ago and I would love to take all her worries away. This thought scares even me, so I immediately shoot it out of my head. With two cups of tea in hand, I walk over to the brown leather couch and sit next to her, a reasonable distance away, but still close enough.

"Thank you." She smiles at me as I hand her the cup. Her sweet, innocent and honest thank you goes through my bones. I would love to kiss her.

"Do you want to tell me what you were doing there at that time?" I ask her softly.

She first shakes her head, sips her tea and then finally counters. "I could ask you that too, Ms. Kim."

"I had one more thing to clear up." I explain matter-of-factly. That's all she needs to know and she shouldn't. "And please call me Jennie outside of school."

"Okay, Jennie." I like the way she says my name and smiles. As if I were something precious to her and not screwed up.

She sips her tea again and I can clearly see the wheels turning in her head. "I just went to a college party for the first time." She finally begins.

Curious, I prick up my ears and take a deep sip.

"And how was it?"

I eyed her carefully, but didn't notice any sign that she was drunk or needed anything. On the one hand it surprises me a little bit and on the other hand it really fills me with pride. Such a good baby.

"Really funny! Honestly though!" A big smile spreads across her beautiful face and I secretly hope it has nothing to do with that jerk off friend. "When I found Leo again after a while, he..." She frowns.

Damn shit, where are these sentimental thoughts suddenly coming from? Of course I'm a gentlewoman through and through, but it's usually more in my head about the different positions and where I want to fuck a woman properly the next time.

I rest my hand on her knee and gently caress it with my thumb. A smile conjures up on her face and unexpectedly she puts hers on the back of my hand and locks our fingers. I can't put into words how incredibly right this feels. I've never had an affair with a student, nor have I ever entertained thoughts of doing so, but she... I fell in love with Lisa from the moment I strutted into the classroom and she tapped impudently on her cell phone. I'm not talking about love at first sight, after all I'm not Shakespeare, nor Emily Brontë. But there was this attraction, something that blew my mind, something passionate.

"In any case, we had an argument and because I drank a little bit, I didn't want to go home."

Lost in thought, she strokes my hand with her thumb and I can't take my eyes off her. Her teeth bite lightly into her lower lip and I put on my pants. Damn it.

"Why didn't you call anyone to pick you up?"

"I have. But not even a taxi service answered."

"Something could have happened to you."

"Yes." She says, looking up from our hands and into my face. "Thank you for being there."

"You're welcome. But I think you would have gotten along just fine without me." I say and pull the stun gun out of my pocket, which is disguised as a flashlight.

She laughs again, this time wider. I plan to make her laugh more often.

"Yes. In the last hour alone I was really too violent."