Chapter 15

LISA

Rosé and I end up in a college party which was arranged by her girlfriend Jisoo. As soon as I enter the house, I recognize a so much familiar face and I can't believe what I'm seeing.

I run blindly toward the bunch of guys smoking weed. I don't know four of them. The only slightly familiar face - apart from Leo - is this morning's blonde beach boy. I assumed his name was Justin, but I can't be sure. Anyway, I don't like Leo hanging out with this guy at all. None of them notice me, not even when I'm standing right next to one of them.

"Leo." I say in a firm voice and everyone's eyes turn to me, but I just stare at Leo and it hurts me to see his eyelids keep half drooping and his pupils so big I can hardly see anything can see from his gray iris.

Startled, he drops the joint on the floor, but doesn't answer.

Some of the guys make comments like "Hey, my sexy beauty." or "Honey, won't you join us?", patting on their laps invitingly and they all stink like hell of that green poison. My puke rises up to my neck.

"Leo, what is this shit?!" I start again. I don't care what these guys think of me. They're too high anyway to distinguish me from a mirage.

Leo gets up, stumbles and grabs my upper arm like I'm some kind of marksman. "You should go, Lis." He says urgently, but looks at me pleadingly.

I pull his arm, but we haven't walked a meter when he suddenly stops. "Is that really what you want Leo? Do you really want to end up like you did then?" I ask him desperately and try to push away the old Leo, how he sometimes became when he was hanging and what else he was doing in this phase. How could I not see that something was going on with Leo? He has behaved like he always has for the last few weeks and today was such a beautiful day. How could I let him fool me like that?

I see the flash of pain in Leo's eyes, as if he's hiding so much more than that from me but can't tell me.

"What else are you hiding from me, Leo? Is that one of the reasons you never brought me with you?"

His eyes close in pain before he opens them coldly. He has never looked at me with that expression before. I'm getting cold and I don't recognize the person in front of me.

Leo closes his eyes again and when he opens after a few seconds, he looks at me hurt and apologetic at the same time. I know what's coming, but the next few words still hit me incredibly hard, like heavy hail against a windshield.

"You should really go now, Lalisa."

Justin sniggers behind me, so I turn, swing wide, and scrunch him as hard as I can, plus a hard kick with my knee into his crown jewels. While it may sound sadistic - which I'm definitely not - I enjoy his pathetic form on the ground, groaning in pain. I know from my gut that it's his fault for Leo's behavior.

I turn to Leo once more, see the flash of pride in his face, but slap him away with an abrupt slap. Startled, he rubs his left cheek and looks at me with his mouth wide.

"I hope you are happy now."

With this sentence I turn around again and leave this house.

-

I've been walking the streets for a quarter of an hour. There are currently no taxis available and even though I haven't consumed too much alcohol, I don't dare drive half an hour drunk. I'd rather walk around for half an hour alone at night than cause a car accident.

I still only wear a top and shorts, now with one of my oversized sweaters on top. Anyway, I can just about think of fear because I'm really cold and the anger in my head is clouding everything. Otherwise I was always like a clearing in a forest covered in dark shadows for Leo, I pulled him out of the damnation of his perfection. Hardly anyone knows that Leo still had drug problems about a year ago. I helped him out of it as best I could and he did it. So why is he resorting to such means now?

While a heated debate is going on in my head about whether I gave in too quickly or acted fairly, I hear noises. Two people arguing. My heart is racing and I'm immediately pressing myself against the brick wall to hide in the darkness. The two people are about ten meters away from me and are standing at the next lantern. I only understand single sentence fragments, like "You had enough time." or "Not my fault if..." and just pray that both of them don't notice me. From here, one looks relatively large and the other smaller. Even if the slightly smaller one is thicker, I don't want to take any risks and automatically walk backwards.

I hear a car door slam, but I don't dare turn around again. Footsteps can also be heard behind me and right now I wish for nothing more than to lie in my car and just sleep there.

The footsteps get louder and louder and just as I want to run, a sweaty hand roughly grabs my wrist and turns me around. strong bad breath rises and for the second time in the last hour I want to vomit.

"What did you hear, little miss?!" Hissed the big stranger. He looks to be in his late thirties with his grey, black hair and beard.

My heart is in my mouth and I go through all the self-defense movements that I know of in my head. Don't show any fear, Lalisa. Show strength!

"Nothing at all. And now, kindly let me go again!" I snap back and snatch my hand from him.

His glare gets even more angry and now he shoves me roughly against the wall, a painful gasp escaping me. Apparently it gives him pleasure. Damn sadist.

Unobtrusively, I let my hand wander into my small shoulder bag to reach for my flashlight, which is also a 50,000 watt electric shocker, which my father brought me from a business trip to the Czech Republic.

"I'm not going to let a brat fool me here, you'll see." He says obnoxiously, causing bile to rise in my throat again. Can this day really get any worse?

"If you don't let me go, you'll see."

"You want to threaten me? Pah, that I'm not laughing!" He smirks.

I hear a car pull up behind the burly man before an all too familiar voice asks. "Jeffrey, are there any reasons you're bothering this lady?"

I see fear rising in the eyes of the big - Jeffrey. He turns around in panic and stutters. "N-no, ma'am. I just wanted to-"

Unfortunately, Jeffrey doesn't get to speak any further because I press my stun gun against his neck and he twitches and then lies unconscious on the floor afterwards.

"What the..." Begins Jennie Kim and looks perplexed at the defenseless man on the floor and then at me in amusement.

I suddenly start shaking and drop the stun gun, followed by a hysterical fit of laughter. What is happening to me right now? I think I'm having a panic attack.

"Lisa, are you okay?" She asks me with such gentleness in her concern that I just lunge at her and hold on.

I shake my head and she strokes my hair soothingly. "Everything will be fine, my little one. Don't worry, I'm here."

Her voice is like sage for my soul and suddenly my pent-up tears roll down silently. I hold her tight like she's my rock even when I shouldn't.

"Get in my car, Lisa." She finally whispers after a while.

Without hesitation, I just get in, feeling too weak and drained to argue, and get in without a word as she opens the passenger door for me. All I can see is how she briefly examines the man's pulse before she picks up my stun gun and gets into the car.

Without saying anything else, she starts the engine and drives off. Her hand covers mine, which is in my lap, and pulls it to her lips to place a gentle kiss on it. I sigh and close my eyes, allowing myself just for once to enjoy Jennie's presence and not always try to fight it.

It robs me of too much strength that I simply no longer have after today.

-

A/N: Little spoiler for my precious horny people, in two chapters there will be: 😼👅