Chapter 3

LISA

Ms. Kim, visibly irritated, continues the lesson, purposefully stepping up the whole time - with the correct answers of course. Relatively quickly she doesn't approach me once more and doesn't look at me, which is why I just give her a sweet grin and my arm is still floating in the air.

I showed her and she knows I'm right. In a way, this realization amuses me deeply and I try to suppress my grin, unsuccessfully.

Suddenly a phone rings and everyone looks around to see where that sound is coming from, until we realize it's coming from Ms. Kim's bag.

Ms. Kim lets out an exasperated groan before rushing to her bag. She takes a quick look at her mobile device and apologizes as it appears to be a really important call before rushing out of the classroom.

While many girls - including Rosé and Nayeon - are gossiping loudly about how hot she is and the boys are on their phones, I keep scribbling on my pad, once again unaware of how engrossed I am while exploring the curves of the naked ones stress woman more. I've always loved painting nudes. There's something soothing to me about painting utter passion, people knotting themselves in ecstasy.

(Confession: Some of you may know that I love drawing and painting. I do paint nudes too but don't ask me why. 😭)

The little book is abruptly torn from the table and my eyes widen in shock when I see the tall woman standing in front of me. Her face is severely contorted and she looks quite amused with that mischievous grin.

"In art class you write. In literature class you draw. I'm asking you, Miss Manoban, if your brain can still think clearly from your polluted mind, or if you can't read the timetable correctly."

"But I-"

"After class, you come to me."

"But..." I try again, and she lets out a menacing sort of growl. It's suddenly so quiet in the classroom that you could almost hear my heartbeat.

"After. The. Lesson." She growls between clenched teeth and then continues her lesson.

Damn, why is she so angry all of a sudden? I automatically get nervous and bite the end of my pen. Leo is waiting out there to pick me up and I can't tell him I'm going to be late. How long do I think Ms. Kim will talk to me? I don't know.

Just a few moments until the bell rings and school is over. I'm literally counting down the seconds with nervousness. One more minute until I'm alone with Ms. Kim. Inwardly, I already plan the words that I'm about to say to her, but they keep disappearing. My pulse bursts with nervousness every second. Yesterday I wasn't as excited as I am now. What's the difference?

What should you do again when you are nervous? Imagine everyone else wearing only their underwear? Mmh... Ms. Kim in just her underwear... I'm picturing her abs which I always see because it pushes through her shirts. Damn, that doesn't really help me! I really shouldn't have watched 'Magic Mike XXL' last night.

In my fantasies I didn't even realize that the bell rang and I was the only one in the classroom apart from Ms. Kim, nor that I'm still crouching slightly on a pen - just not from nervousness anymore. It's only when Ms. Kim stands right in front of me and demonstratively slams her hands on my table that I'm back in the here and now with a startled twitch.

"E-excuse me?" I stutter nervously as the pen falls out of my hand.

She smiles sarcastically and it sends shivers down my spine. "Thank you, Miss Manoban, for giving me the honor of your attention."

"It..." I begin, but quickly regain my composure. "I think it's unfair that I'm always the only one being punished. What about the others? Unlike them, I was as quiet as a mouse."