11

Kenneth's POV

"What is going on?" Steph asked as soon as I closed the door to my room.

"It's a long story."

"It seems we've got time." she looked at me expectantly.

I nodded and walked down to the living room, Steph, Carson and Randy behind me.

"Well?" Steph raised an eyebrow and waited for me to explain.

I scratched my neck and looked at the time. Meredith and Pierce would be here in ten minutes.

"Long story short, I am Romanian. Blair is my princess, I serve her. Sawyer is her guardian. We were on a mission to take her back to her parents. When we did, she didn't like it there so we made an escape. And now they're back, looking for us."

Steph looked a bit surprised and suspicious at the same time.

"With what purpose?" she questioned.

"Get the princess back and kill us all." I shrugged.

"What?!" Steph stood up and looked scared, mad and hurt. "How can you say that so carelessly?!"

I sighed. "It's old news. But I am worried. I don't want my family to get hurt. I wont let them hurt you."

She was surprised by this.

"I still don't understand." Steph sat down, took off her glasses and rubbed her eyes.

"That's why I didn't want to tell you guys." I told my friends. "Like Pierce said, it's dangerous."

"We can take care of ourselves, right Carson?" Randy tried to look tough but I could see the worry in his eyes.

"Of course." Carson looked pissed.

"I'll prefer if you don't get into this mess, more than you already are. I don't want your blood on my hands. I care for you guys. You're my family." I cleared my throat at their surprised looks.

I've been getting the same expression a lot.

There was a knock and I nearly sighed in relief.

"Glad you could make it this fast. Pierce, I'll explain everything in a second." I told my friend before he could start ranting. Then I turned to Meredith. "She's in a bad state. Used her magic too much and I guess she isn't used to it. And she has burn marks on her arms."

Meredith nodded. "Where is she?"

"Follow me."

And its like I told everyone to follow me because my room was crowded.

"How did she get this weak?" Meredith asked.

"Sawyer got shot and had a knife on his back. She stopped the blood from coming out of his body. Apparently they also had an ugly fight. Blair was the shield."

Meredith frowned. "How do you know that?"

"She said their attackers had guns. She doesn't have a scratch from that and Sawyer only has one. Blair has good reflexes and she wouldn't let anyone kill her guardian."

Meredith nodded. "Alright. I can only help her recover faster. Stop her from dieing. And maybe I can get rid of the burn marks. How did she get burned?"

She asked and murmured something under her breath.

"Sawyer did it. It wasn't intentional!" I said rapidly at her look. "His hands. I, never mind. I'll explain everything once she's recovered and not on the brink of death. I want to stay alive and if she dies...Sawyer will slaughter us all."