8

Blair's POV

"Sawyer?" I broke the silence.

"Yes?"

"Do you think they'll ever find us?"

He looked straight ahead. Not paying attention to the movie on the screen across from us.

"If they look hard enough, long enough, they might. But I wont let them take you away. They wont take away your freedom. I'll die before they can harm you." he tightened his grip on me as I rested my head on his chest.

"I don't want you to die."

Just thinking about him dying gave me the chills. I'll protect you, I wanted to say.

But none of us spoke after that.

The movie long forgotten as we held each other. I tried to forever imprint his touch, his scent, his smile, his voice, everything that made him my Sawyer, in my mind.

I wont ever let go. I promise.

When we arrived at school the next day we were informed, by Kai of course, that the school had decided to make a fundraiser for graduation. It was going to be inside the cafeteria and was going to take part of the football field. They are planning on putting some arcades, a kissing booth and anything that came to mind to the student council.

All for graduation.

I'm not too fond of this sort of things, probably because now I prefer the peace and quiet.

This means interacting with other people, I'm not very comfortable with that anymore. Now I feel like every time someone asks me a question, they're trying to figure me out and will try to hurt me. Or that they are sent by my biological parents.

Parent's that I am not too fond of.

I don't hate them but that doesn't mean I love them.

They tried to hurt me, tried to hurt my friends and succeeded.

If I ever see them again, not that I want or plan to, I'll make sure that they understand I don't want anything to do with them or Henry. And if they try to hurt me or my friends...I'll fight to kill.

They show no mercy, then why should I?

They are cold hearted then so am I.

I wont think twice if it means saving the people I love.

"You okay?"

That voice.

I loved hearing his voice.

"Yeah, just thinking about how boring this is going to be." I lied swiftly.

Sawyer smiled and kissed my temple. "We can make it fun."

I chuckled.

"Please don't start flirting in front of me." Kai groaned knowing where our conversation was going.

"You're no fun." I glared playfully at him.

"Oh I'm plenty of fun." he caught Sawyer's look and his face paled a little bit. "I mean that in the most respectful and not dirty way possible."

"Good." Sawyer smirked.

He loves making Kai squirm.

The poor guy is scared of him. If he only knew how sweet Sawyer could be.

"So why do we have to help again?" I changed the course of the conversation.

"Because we're seniors and it's for our graduation. Plus the teachers said we needed to learn to work as a team." Kai rolled his eyes. "Everyone knows that a lot of us don't get along with the rest of these peasants."