24.

Blair's POV

The drive to Kenneth's house was so damned awkward I was afraid to breath the wrong way.

Mary kept sending us wary looks and looked ready to jump out of the car if needed.

Sure, we look filthy and shit but we're not some terrorist group. So stop looking at us that way! I wanted to shout.

Instead I stayed quiet until we arrived at their home.

I've been here once, to ask for Kenneth. I hadn't had the time or interest to admire the house and neither did I have the time or interest now. So I just walked out and waited for her to open her home to a bunch of troubled teenagers.

When she did we all took turns in going inside. She wasn't alone when we were all packed in.

There was a man standing beside her, holding her hand firmly. Carson was also here and that other boy...what was his name? Ramon? Richard?

"Randy!"

That.

Kenneth went to hug his friend and asked a bunch of questions about someone pregnant. I couldn't pay attention to that now. My eyes couldn't leave Mary's and the man's figure. He looked ready to grab the phone, to throw it at us or call the cops, I couldn't be sure.

"I'm sorry to intrude like this in you home. We'll only take a quick shower and be on our way." I said in a firm voice.

"Kenneth's friends are our friends, right Miles?" Mary glanced at the man next to her.

"Right." his voice was tight. He definitely didn't want us here.

"There are three bathrooms. You can each take one." Kenneth mumbled shyly.

I guess he was sort of embarrassed to have us here. This was part of his past, a past I think he wanted to leave behind.

I smiled sadly at him and touched his cheek gently, once he walked towards us.

"Thank you Kenneth. I'm sorry for dragging you into this mess again."

"Nonsense. I know what I'm doing. It's about time I knew how to defend myself." he winked, making things less awkward.

"Three of you go." I ordered the group behind me.

"Mel and I can go together. It'll save time and water." Pierce smiled wickedly.

"Shut up. Go!" Mel pushed a now laughing Pierce forward.

How can that guy always be so cheerful? I wouldn't know.

"We're going too." Sean pulled Eden.

"But not together!" Eden blushed as we all gave them curious glances.

"Take a seat." Miles sort of ordered us.

"Want anything to drink?" Mary wondered.

"No, I'm fine." I mumbled.

She was rewarded with similar answers.

There was another awkward silence.

Miles and Mary kept staring at us. We all shifted uncomfortably.

What's up with these people? Didn't they know it was rude to stare?

"So how's you boyfriend?" Carson asked.

I was surprised by this and didn't bother hiding it.

"He's doing alright. A bit sore. Alive."

Carson grimaced.